How to Transfer Files Between Android Device and PC Over WiFiAndroid Tipsz | Nov 23rdLikes 5Comment 11127874
When it comes to transferring files from your android device to computer or other mobile device, Bluetooth or USB cable is the most commonly used medium. They work absolutely fine but there is a better way to do it.
With the connectivity options like Wifi, you can transfer files from and to your Android device without using cables at a faster transfer rate. The good news is you don’t need to buy any accessory to do that, you just need an app called Airdroid that you can download for free at Google Play Store.
Airdroid is an android app that lets you manage and control your Android devices (phones & tablets) from a desk web browser. With the AirDroid application, users can sync almost any type of file between devices at just a click of a button. All you need is a Wi-Fi network connecting to your computer and your Android device.
Here I’ll show you how to transfer files from and to your Android device using Airdroid app over WiFi.
Note: Both your PC and your device must be connected to the same WiFi network.
- Download and install the AirDroid app on your device.
- Once installed, launch the app.
- It’ll show a tour for the first time users, just skip it.
- Now, you’ll see an web URL and IP address on the app. Note them down as you’ll need that web address to connect your Android device through your computer’s web browser.
- Open your desk web browser and enter the web address stated on the app which is web.airdroid.com. The link will take you to AirDroid’s web desktop panel.
- On your phone, tap the Scan QR code on the app and this will open the camera app. Pointing it to the QR Code that appears on the web desktop panel. For this method to work, your smartphone must have a QR code scanner. If your phone doesn’t have one, then you can create an account using your e-mail address, or sign-in through your Facebook or Twitter account to proceed.
Now, you’ve successfully connected your Android device to your computer, and you can start to transfer files between your device and computer.
How to Transfer Files from or to your Android device
Go to your AirDroid web desktop interface and click the ‘Files’ icon. Navigate to specific files and folders where you would like to upload or download files to.
As soon as you’re done, you can close the Files window. You may also click the disconnect button on your AirDroid app to end your wireless file transfer session.
Let us know how this app helped you out in the comments.
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Updates, News & Rumors