Get the latest tips & apps for your Smartphone
Free Download
Tips & Support
Android
Tips & Support
David Byrne     11m ago
Suddenly the share option when taking a screenshot has gone!
42 22 11m ago
  • David Byrne 11m ago
    P. S. By long pressing the home button
  • Chris Hawke 11m ago
    Hi David, have you tried rebooting your device?
  • David Byrne 11m ago
    Turn it off /on again... Yup :-( No joy! But I'll try again, wait...
  • David Byrne 11m ago
    Just fired it up... There was no (Google) logo,those four 'squiggly' things never showed up! I just saw a faintly illuminated screen for about 60 seconds and when, on double tapping.., there you (Drippler) are! I've never seen it power up like that!!! Have you ever seen that?
  • David Byrne 11m ago
    It keeps doing weird/unexpected stuff... Freezing, shutdown/reboot refusing permissions... Now... No screenshots. Poop creek :-(
  • Chris Hawke 11m ago
    Sorry, my tablet is using marshmallow an earlier version than your nougat. When your device boots up I get four moving circles and then my home screen. As you have a newer version I haven't seen it
  • Chris Hawke 11m ago
    How long have you had your device? I will look on the web if there are any known nougat problems. Rebooting does not harm your device.
  • David Byrne 11m ago
    About a year You do mean turn on/off or something else... I've done several Factory Resets... Some at the behest of the Nexus Help desk some of my own volition. Upon reflection I think it's busted and I was sold a dud... But i'm dyslexic and a bit naive. I assumed all computers did this it's only as I've learnt about them that I realise mine seems profoundly problematic. However they're not going to take it back now are they. So I have to figure out how to get it to work, simple...
  • Chris Hawke 11m ago
    I have been using Nexus 7 when they first came in 2012. Since then I have had a few as they are my work horse. In fact, I recently purchased a new
  • Chris Hawke 11m ago
    I bought a new one from Argos £99.99 for 16gb or £119.99 for 32 gb. I do not work for Argos but it is a good deal
  • David Byrne 11m ago
    New...? I'm Google HTC Nexus 9 Nougat
  • Chris Hawke 11m ago
    I have recommended the Nexus 7 to many people and they love it. I am not on Nougat but Marshmallow but basically they are all the same. I tend not to update my device until I read that the faults and problems with an update has been sorted.
  • Chris Hawke 11m ago
    If it is still in the one year guarantee it is worth returning your Nexus 9 back to the store you bought it from. If I can help. I will. It looks like you have had a bad year with your Nexus. Of course the problem with the Nexus 7 is that it does not have the big screen that the Nexus 9 has.
  • David Byrne 11m ago
    Why do you not have a nine if it's the preferred (workhorse) or bit of kit?
  • David Byrne 11m ago
    Anyway, have you any ideas visa vie my screenshot issue?
  • Chris Hawke 11m ago
    I like the 7 as I can put it in a pocket or bag. So back to screenshot. Have you still not got the share option back?
  • Chris Hawke 11m ago
    When you get the screenshot on your screen don't forget to tap on the screen to get the share icon with is found at the bottom left of the screen
  • Chris Hawke 11m ago
    I have just been onto the Google Play store doing a search on screenshots. There are a variety of apps. I installed the free app Screenshot by Geeks.lab.2015. I opened the app and then went to the screen I wanted a shot off. I then went back to the app and it was there on the screen. On the right hand side of the screen there are a variety of options including sharing your screenshot. It worked fine for me. Hope this helps. Let me know how you get along.
  • David Byrne 11m ago
    Ok, leg me cogitate bit drunk right now ;-)
  • David Byrne 11m ago
    Hello there Chris :-) I've just found that app and downloaded it.It tells me to hold down the power and volume for 2 seconds, this just sends my tablet to silent mode. Anyway this does not address the issue of where the share option went :-( I want to try to get that back rather than install a separate app... It's defeatist and, being dyslexic requires determination.., or the machine wins you see?