This is a special week indeed, ladies and gentlemen. Today’s entry in our ongoing series covering paid iPhone and iPad apps on sale for free includes a whopping 15 different iOS apps, and it’s the second time in a week that we’ve put together such a massive list. Thank the developers, not us, because they’ve been cranking up the volume so far in 2016 and offering users the chance to grab some very cool premium apps without paying a dime.
There are also still quite a few freebies in yesterday’s post, so be sure to head back to that one and check it out.
These are paid iPhone and iPad apps that have been made available for free for a limited time by their developers. There is no way to tell how long they will be free. These sales could end an hour from now or a week from now — obviously, the only thing we can guarantee is that they were free at the time this post was written. If you click on a link and see a price listed next to an app instead of the word “get,” it is no longer free. The sale has ended. If you download the app, you will be charged.
# If you use Today’s view or Notification Center on your iOS device often, Orby Widgets is an essential utility for you #
— Unlimited addition support for Conversations, Speed Call & App Launcher widgets —
Don’t keep yourself in the dark anymore. Know all about your device in the Notification Center with beautiful, orb shaped Orby Widgets.
Orby Widgets bundles 13 widgets which includes widget for almost everyone. These widgets are –
– Converters widget: you can select from 21 categories of converters to do all your conversions on Notification Center. These categories include Currency, Mass, Length, Temperature, Time, Velocity and so on.
– Conversation widget: you can pick up already initiated conversations or start a new one in many messaging services from Today’s view. With conversation widgets, you never miss an important conversation with your friends or family.
– App Launcher widget: all your favorite applications can be accessed via a single tap on an icon in Notification Center. You can either choose from many pre-defined applications list or add your own URL for quick access.
– Calculator widget: make calculations a hassle free experience, right from the Notification Center. It comes without an equal sign, so you have absolutely no chance of error.
– Speed Call widget for iPhone: now speed call and even dial numbers using the inline dialer keypad, right from the Notification Center.
– Music sharing widget: Share thoughts or music on Facebook or Twitter using Music sharing widget.
– Memory widget: Know how much memory is being used and available on an iOS device.
– CPU widget: know how much CPU is idle and being used on an iOS device.
– Storage widget: know free and used storage on an iOS device.
– Battery widget: know how much time is remaining until your device’s battery runs out of juice.
– Data usage (Network) widget: know how much data has been sent or received from Cellular or Wi-fi.
– Network addresses widget: know MAC or IP Addresses on Notification Center.
– Runtime widget: know for how long you have been using your iOS device since last boot up.
– And many more in the pipeline
You can even customize your widgets with an array of colorful themes to match your style!
Just swipe down Notification Center and quickly translate the text you copied from anywhere.
• Auto-detect source language, you can also set a default language by yourself.
• Support 37 languages (e.g: Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish…)
• Automatically translate while you swiping down notification center, you can also manually translate by tapping the purple circle indicator (oh… you should turn off `Auto-Translate` in settings first, or just double tap the circle indicator to switch it ).
• Speak text by tapping country flag.
• Check history by tapping history icon ( only up to three records. Don’t worry! Just double tap the history icon, you will be leaded to host application and check all history ).
“[Gravity Hook HD] provides much of what I loved about Canabalt, only in a vertical climb instead of a side scrolling run… it really is a much better experience with your finger.”
– Touch Arcade
“Gravity Hook became a high score-focused game that I could whip out and play any time, making it a title that’ll be a mainstay on my Apple devices for a long time to come.”
“…the presentation here is simple yet exquisite. With hand drawn backgrounds and lovingly-detailed nodes, the art direction manages to be a perfect fit. Baranowsky’s soundtracks are among the best in video games today…”
“…not only easier on the eyes, but easier to play as well.”
“You can feel the evolution of Semi Secret’s reflex-intensive design ideas in [Gravity Hook HD].”
“Like the [Canabalt], Gravity Hook HD is punishingly difficult and encourages a just-one-more-game mentality.”
– MTV Multiplayer
“I can’t say it’s as fun or as simple as Canabalt, but it is colorful and addictive for sure.”
The perfect and best movie collage maker for live photos, videos and animated gifs.
– Integrated support for Live Photo, video and aniamted GIF
– Tons of layouts
– Crop and trim
– Beautiful filter effects
– Flexible shape options
– Complete background options
– Add background music
– Professional text editor and stickers
– Save as Live Photo, video and animated GIF
• App Store “BEST OF 2015”
Horizon Chase is a love letter to all retro gaming fans. It’s an addictive racing game inspired in the great hits of the 80’s and 90’s: Out Run, Lotus Turbo Challenge, Top Gear (SNES), Rush, among others. Each curve and each lap in Horizon Chase recreate classic arcade gameplay and offer you unbound speed limits of fun. Full throttle on and enjoy!
• AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
– Game of the Week on Touch Arcade
– Gold Awards on Pocket Gamer
– Best Mobile Game 2015 STUFF – Nominee
– Best Brazilian Game on Brazilian Game Awards
– Best Brazilian Game on BGS by UOL Jogos
– Best Brazilian Game on BGS by IGN Brasil
– App of the Week – STUFF
– Big Indie Pitch – 3rd Place
• 16-BIT GRAPHICS REINVENTED
Horizon Chase brings back the graphic context of the 16-bit generation and creates a style that is inspired in the past without letting go of its contemporaneity. The apparent polygon and secondary color aesthetic accentuate the visual beauty of the game, resulting in a unique and harmonic atmosphere. You’ll feel the retro soul of the game on a completely modern body.
• A TOUR THROUGH THE WORLD’S HORIZONS
Horizon Chase is a race around the world. With each new cup you’ll pilot your car through extraordinary places, watching the sun setting, facing rain, snow, volcanic ashes and even severe sandstorms. Be it day or night each track takes place in beautiful postcards from across the world.
• BARRY LEITCH, SOUNDTRACK COMPOSER FROM LOTUS TC, TOP GEAR E RUSH
Horizon Chase presents Barry Leitch, the musician behind the soundtracks of classic arcade racing games Lotus Turbo Challenge, Top Gear (SNES) and Rush. As you play the game, you’ll be hypnotized by his charming tunes that compliment the graphical ecstasy of each horizon.
• 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD GET HORIZON CHASE
– Try it before you buy: enjoy 5 tracks for free!
– Classic Arcade Gameplay
– 16-Bit Graphics Reinvented
– Barry Leitch’s Soundtrack
– Challenge Your Friends
– No In-App Purchase
– 16 Unlockable Cars
– Car Upgrading
– 8 Cups, 32 Cities, 73 Tracks
– 7 Input Methods (MFi Gamepad Compatibility)
VidPicLab edit photos from videos with great tools from filters, effects to stickers and text, all you need is bundled in.
– Extract and edit photos from video
– Select time and frame
– Crop rotate and straighten your photos
– Share with friends
– Adjust brightness, contrast and saturation
– Gorgeous photo effects
– Amazing filters
– Tons of fun stickers
– Focus mode
– Sharpen and blur
– Add text
– Crop image
– Dynamic tones
Cesium is a streamlined music player that uses your existing music library. Restored browsing functionality and clean, minimalist design makes managing small and large music collections easy.
“[Cesium]’s got a whole slew of tiny features that make playing music a lot better…a slick app, and once you’ve figured it out, it makes Apple’s app look bloated.” – Kirk McElhearn, Macworld
“[Cesium] might be the best $1.99 I ever spent on the App Store.” – Richard J. Anderson, Sanspoint
• Swipe left on any track or grouping to add immediately after the currently playing track, or to the end of the queue. Edit and reorder your queue to create the perfect set or view your listening history.
• Swipe right on any grouping to access Collection Control and easily play or shuffle all the tracks inside.
• Sort your library your way: sort artist albums alphabetically or chronologically, group compilations and album artists and more. Cesium respects all sort tags.
• Collect tracks within a single playlist by Album, Artist, Composer or Genre. Play Shuffle, or Queue each subset individually! Cesium even remembers how you prefer to view each list.
• Pull-to-refresh and easily toggle display of iCloud Music items.
• Totally customizable: reorder tabs and customize your own color theme with or without Night Mode.
• Gesture Controls, album shuffling, set or adjust ratings, and fully navigable Landscape Mode.
SoundLax – the background sound and noise generator, help you to focus or feel relaxing in whatever you do: reading a book, working in the office, doing yoga or simply something to make you easier to fall asleep every night.
Do the things you love and add a soundtrack on. Enjoy your sound!
Listening to multiple nature sounds, separately or in combination.
Work in lock screen even when you phone in silent mode.
Controlling the sound easily, right in your lock screen.
Activate one or more sounds and adjust the volume slider to create your own pleasing sound(s).
Keep a soundtrack playing everywhere with you, all sounds can work with offline mode, meaning you never have to be worried about the internet connection or mobile data, it’s all ready in your phone, from airplane, train or even in the forest or mountain.
Hit the shuffle button to play and mix sounds automatically and randomly.
Need a quick nap or just nice sleep, use the Timer function to enjoy your time.
Share your combination sounds with your friends and people you love just by a tap.
Rain, Thunderstorm, Wind, Forest, Night, Ocean, Railtrack, Fire and more to update soon.
Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds (Full)
Love Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds? Don’t miss Special Enquiry Detail: Engaged to Kill™ – now out on iPad and iPhone!
№1 TOP GROSSING APP IN UK!
Try your hand at investigating a murder and bring the killer to justice! Detectives Turino and Lamonte have been assigned to a new investigative unit: Special Enquiry Detail. Their first case is the shocking death of the daughter of two charity fundraisers. So the list of suspects is growing. With pressure from the captain and the mayor to solve the case quickly, the two detectives must uncover the trail that leads to the murderer. You will help with forensics, investigate the clues and suspects to find the murderer and unveil the secrets and deceptions of those involved! Dive into Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand That Feeds and become a New York City detective pursuing justice.
● 12 Intriguing chapters
● 30 Realistic locations
● 25 Thrilling mini-games
● Exciting storyline
● Game Center Support
● iPhone 4 Retina Display support
Game available in: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Korean, Chinese, Japanese
▶ Games Navigator – By G5 Games
▶ The Secret Society® – Hidden Mystery
▶ Letters From Nowhere: A Hidden Object Mystery
▶ Nightmares from the Deep™: Davy Jones, Collector’s Edition
▶ Dream Catchers: The Beginning
▶ Virtual City Playground®: Building Tycoon
▶ Doomsday Preppers™
▶ Stand O’ Food® City: Virtual Frenzy
▶ Brave Tribe: Village and Farm Building and Management
▶ Supermarket Mania® 2
“A good photograph is knowing where to stand.” -Ansel Adams.
The only rule in photography is that there are no rules. However, there are are number of established composition guidelines which can be applied in almost any situation, to enhance the impact of a scene.
Leonard Fibonacci discovered that if you have a sequence of numbers beginning with 1,1, where the next number in line is the sum of the previous two, then the sequence will progress towards a more and more exact representation of the golden ratio. The fibonacci sequence is 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, etc.
Oddly enough nature tends to organize growth and limbs according to this sequence. For example the ratio between the length of limbs of your fingers is the golden ratio. The ratio between the length of your nose and the distance from the bottom of the chin to the bottom of the nose is the golden ratio. The spiral growth of crustaceans follows the golden spiral. The divine proportions are an in-built (or in-grained) aesthetic parameter we judge beauty by.
This camera focuses on composition and not on playing around with settings like ISO, White balance, Exposure, Saturation, etc… settings like this should be done automatically so that all you need to do is to compose and take the shot.
COMPOSITION GUIDES (Good Composition = Great Photo)
-Camera Tilt indicator
-Grid Rule of thirds
-Golden Spiral (Rotateable)
-Geometric face for Symetric portrait
SENSOR TRIGGERS (Use this feature for more creative vantage point)
-Tilt angle trigger
-Horizon angle trigger
-Sound Level trigger
-Tap with two finger for separate Focus and Exposure
-Drag Focus and Exposure anywhere
-Double tap to combine Focus and exposure at center
-Tap to Lock for Focus, Exposure, and White Balance
-Pinch to Zoom (Note: You should minimize the use of zoom, if you can go near the subject do so.)
-Video camera mode is wide screen and landscape designed UI to avoid Portrait shooting. (Shooting Video in portrait is a NO! NO!.)
-Drag shutter button up to access Guides and Triggers.
-Camera screen locking (Screen interaction is off so that you can hold camera in any way you need. Useful when using Sensor triggers). Drag the screen from right edge of portrait view to enable.
-On screen features, Settings of features are displayed on screen.
-Saves directly to Camera Roll.
-With Photo Stream enabled last 1000 photos are shared to all your devices instantly. (Photo stream is for iOS6 only)
-Manage photos using default Photo app.
-Geo Tag photos
Sample Usage of Sensor Triggers
* Use Tilt trigger to shoot overhead shot with your phone raised in one hand. Adjust the tilt until it matches the trigger setting. This feature ensures you have a good angle when doing overhead shots. Another example is shooting at feet level.
* The virtual Horizon can be used to make shots leveled to the ground. The Horizon angle trigger can be used to automatically shoot when the phones angle matches the setting angle.
* The Sound level trigger automatically shoots when ambient sound level reaches the setting level. You can use this as remote shutter when shooting on a tripod or use it to detect noise.
* Use the Camera screen locking so that you can hold the phone in any way without unwanted interaction on the screen. This is very useful when doing overhead shots with tilt trigger.
With these tools you can be more creative with the way you compose images.
Moxile, the missing Markdown editor designed for productivity. It comes with **Live Preview**. It offers full support for regular Markdown Syntax as well as Github flavored markdown extension.
– auto save
– powerful actions
– featured picture inserter
– full github flavored markdown extension support
– light and dark theme built-in, support customize
– HTML and PDF export support
– UTF-8 support
– full retina support
– QuickLook support
– multiple screen support
– inspector support
– syntax highlight
– live preview
– github and article theme built-in, support customize
– math support