Want some cool new apps to check out? Want the option to download them for free if you act fast? You’ve come to the right place. We do our best to bring nifty apps to your attention when they go on sale. As nice as it is to support developers, a freebie every now and again is certainly appreciated. Today, we have three terrific paid iPhone and iPad apps that are on sale for a short while, so you should definitely check them out for free while you can.
These are paid iPhone and iPad apps that have been made available for free for a limited time by their developers. There is no way to tell how long they will be free. These sales could end an hour from now or a week from now — obviously, the only thing we can guarantee is that they are free at the time this post is published. If you click on a link and see a price listed next to an app instead of the word “free,” it is no longer free. The sale has ended. If you download the app, you will be charged.
Today we’re starting out strong with an app called Pocket Lists, which is easily one of the best and most comprehensive iOS lists apps around.
Pocket Lists is an amazing universal app for managing to-do lists, focusing on important to-dos, and collaborating on to-do lists with your friends. The app excels as both an everyday to-do list organizer with sophisticated reminder functionality, and as a checklist app for groceries, travel packing, Christmas lists, and more.
You’ll love Pocket Lists for being powerful yet surprisingly easy to use. The app’s feature set makes it a superb replacement for most to-do list apps, including the stock Reminders app:
• Color-coded to-do lists with a variety of beautiful icons for all sorts of things (200+ icons included!).
• To-do Stream: a dynamic to-do list that collects to-dos among all your to-do lists, and displays them in the priority & due order, allowing you to focus on what’s important right now.
• Pocket Lists Cloud: collaborate on your to-do lists with other users of the Pocket Lists app, access your to-do lists via web browser on the app website: http://www.pocketlistsapp.com/cloud/
Pocket Lists Cloud works seamlessly, and is free to use. It is a great way to sync app data between your iOS devices, and to have an always-up-to-date backup of all data.
• All types of to-do notifications: due date, due time, repeating, and location-based — drop pin anywhere on a map, select either “arrive to” or “leave from”, and even define a location radius.
• Set due reminders by typing naturally: “Meeting tomorrow morning”, “Car service saturday 7pm”, “Prepare christmas gift list on dec 20 every year”, “Cinema friday night” and so on. The app automatically understands due date from your input, and sets a reminder. Understands all 13 languages the app is localized into! Approved by native speakers.
• OCR: Built-in Optical Character Recognition mechanism allows you to create to-do lists from real photos taken on your iPhone or iPad. Awesome for creating to-do lists based on what you find in print media, e.g. cookbook recipes. Supported languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian.
• Sync with third-party apps and services: Reminders app, Calendar app, Google Tasks, Toodledo.com.
• And a lot more:
— Priorities, notes
— To-do search
— To-do list hierarchy: swipe to-dos left or right to define hierarchy
— Passcode-locked to-do lists
— Due and repeating (recurring) options for both to-dos and entire to-do lists
— Quick inline to-do add
— Archiving feature for hiding to-do lists
— Copy & Paste add of multiple to-dos at a time
— Quickly clean your to-do list by shaking your iPhone
— Send to-do lists via email
— Duplicate to-do lists
— Sleek app interface feels native to every iOS user
— “Multiplayer” mode for collaborating on your to-do lists via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth when no Internet connection is available. An exciting way to go shopping with your spouse, or to pack luggage together (supported by the iPhone version only; based on iOS Gamekit engine)!
— On-demand backup & restore via iTunes file sharing
— Twitter and Facebook integrations
— Localized in 13 languages: English, Deutsch, 日本語, Italiano, Nederlands, Español, Français, Русский, Português, Dansk, 简体中文, 繁體中文, 한국어
Pocket Lists is a universal app, so it was designed for both the iPhone and iPad. It’s normally a $4.99 download, but it’s free right now for a limited time.
Download Pocket Lists
Will you age gracefully or does a sad, sullen future await you? Oldify 2 might be the key to preparing yourself for what lies ahead.
Take a photo of yourself (or friends!) and Oldify 2 makes you old. Choose to add anything from 20 – 100 YEARS, and see your wrinkled, gray-haired self come to life; blinking, coughing, yawning, and more hilarious animations. Now even record your voice to share custom videos of your ancient self talking… from the future!
From the makers of Fatify, Baldify, Wolfify, and more, combine AGING with BALD + FAT + MUSTACHE + BEARD + PAINT and UNIBROW effects!
• SELECT YOUR AGE – what will you look like in 20, 40, 60, 80 or 99 years!?
• TAP to ANIMATE your old self – sigh, blink, sneeze, and more.
• RECORD your voice – create custom video selfies from your future.
• MIX EFFECTS – combine effects from our other apps (including: Fatify, Baldify, Stacheify, Beardify, Sketchify, Comicfy and Browify!)
• Make old FRIENDS – or old pets/family members
SHARE photos and videos through Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, MMS, YouTube, and Email.
Oldify 2 is a fun app that normally costs $1.99, but it’s free right now.
Download Oldify 2
ReplayCam is a great tool that makes it easy to add awesome slow-motion replays to any video.
Add amazing slow motion replays to videos with ReplayCam! Tap and hold replay button during recording and last the 3 seconds of video will be replayed in slow motion. App renders replay at 60/120 FPS* for ultra smooth slow motion capture. Support for all devices with iOS 7. No need to edit/render – works in real time!
Framerate of each device (30, 60, 120fps) is limited only by hardware, ReplayCam always uses max available framerate for your device.
- Tap “Replay” button to add slow motion replay.
- Tap and Hold “Replay” button to make “replay” section longer (until button is released).
- Smooth transition from Slow Motion to normal speed after Replay.
- Slide to Zoom (iPhone 5+).
- Support of 120 FPS (iPhone 5s+), 60 FPS (iPhone 5/5C, iPad mini), 30 FPS (other devices).
- Set Focus/Exposure point together or separately (double tap to reset).
- Render in background – you can record a new video even when the previous is being rendered.
- Saving video in Camera Roll.
This universal iPhone and iPad app is usually $1.99 but it’s free for a limited time.