The NFL regular season is right around the corner. Autumn is in the air (well not here in Florida, but you know what I mean) and that means football! No, I’m not talking about soccer either–I mean FOOTBALL! The only sport that really matters until February. With Football season comes Fantasy Football, and with Fantasy Football comes Draft parties. So grab a bunch of your friends, throw some over-sized meat on the grill, pop open an adult beverage of your choice, and get ready to take over the world. Hopefully, you’ve already been evaluating the newest rookie prospects, and deciding which players are highest on your depth charts. However, if you need a little help cheating preparing for you draft so you can dominate your friends once again, these are the (3) best apps for doing just that, in no particular order.
RotoWire Fantasy Football Draft Kit 2016 ($4.99) has been a Fantasy Football staple for over 15 years. They were one of the first sites I came across when I was looking for in-depth analysis and expert opinions on players I wasn’t as familiar with. With award-winning writers and their own daily fantasy sports show, these guys will prepare you for your draft and help you come out on top against the other teams in your league. For 2016, their Draft Guide has been updated to allow you to enter your league’s scoring and roster settings, making it easier to create player rankings from a value-based calculation that uses Rotowire’s stat projections for the current year. Here are some additional highlights…
– The cheat sheet is a Value Based Drafting method that accounts for your league’s categories, roster, etc.
– For drafts: The ability to manually rank players to your preference.
– RotoWire.com outlooks for the 2016 season for hundreds of players. You can’t get that in ANY other app.
– Projected Standings for your league.
– We offer the ability to tier players or mark them as sleepers or busts.
– Notes can be added on each player.
– Functionality that lets you easily keep track of who has been drafted.
– Team depth charts.
– Projected stats for the 2016 season.
– Player stats from the last three seasons.
– The ability to download updated news and stat projections until the start of the 2016 season.
– A player search that allows you to quickly find players.
– Current fantasy football articles from RotoWire.com experts.
– The cheat sheet isn’t ordered just by projected point totals, we calculate player rankings based on your league’s settings.
The Footballguys Fantasy Football Draft Dominator 2016 ($4.99) promises to make your draft experience as if their more than 60 Footballguys fantasy football experts are at your Draft party with you as your personal advisors. They have a very flexible draft cheat sheet, created by the guys who invented the Value-Based Drafting (VBD) fantasy football drafting system. Do you like to put your drafting strategies to the test as many times as you can before your official draft day? Try their Mock Draft feature, and have the Football Guys evaluate how you did so you can make valuable adjustments beefier it’s too late. Here are some additional highlights…
ADP that adapts to your league settings (Expected Draft Position)
• Dynamic drafting: the rankings are not just lists, changing as the draft progresses to the needs of your roster
• Draft strategy controls that adapt to the progress of the draft – factoring in more upside as your draft progresses
• Utilizes the cloud to save settings between your different devices
• Ability to quickly find complimentary players that have easy matchups when your studs have difficult ones
• Comprehensive editable rankings allowing you the user to tweak players to where you think they should be drafted
• Comprehensive Depth Charts
• Supports roster limits by position
• Variable Team Artificial Intelligence (AI) allowing unlimited number of configurations
• True randomness in the AI calculations using a combination of VBD, ADP and randomness for selections
• Ability to customize VBD baselines
• Create Player Shortlists to compare stats side by side
The numberFire Fantasy Football 2016 Draft Kit ($4.99) boasts an intuitive layout with the ability to create the unique customization you need to simulate your league during a mock draft. In addition it will automatically adjusts projections and auction values to fit your league no matter what your settings or provider. The overall rankings doubles as your personalized cheat sheet for your draft. There are integrated Player Profiles that provide the information and analysis from previous seasons, along with real-time projections and player news. Here are some additional highlights…
Customize your draft kit app to the exact roster and scoring specifications of any league.
After adjusting your settings, the overall rankings page shows a number of data points including projected Fantasy Points, as well as FireFactor*.
*numberFire’s in-house ranking mechanism that factors in a player’s projected fantasy points, weighted against the value of a replacement player for that position.
Team / List Management: Create custom lists leading up to your fantasy draft to organize players into sleepers, busts, etc. Lists can be managed from the overall rankings page or individual players page.
Integrated Player Profiles: Simply tap on a player from the rankings page and get all the information you will need to make informed decisions on draft day.
Player News and Content: With the numberFire draft kit app you won’t have to worry about finding fantasy content and player news. With daily fantasy articles and real time news updates you can stay informed.
We hope these Draft Guide Apps help you be more prepared for your Fantasy Football Draft than ever before. If you have an additional apps that you like to share, we’d love to hear from you!