In my debut novel, In Her Sights, Jasmine "Jazz Parker" is a SWAT Team sniper with a lot to lose and even more to hide. She pushed everyone away—and succeeded—until a certain ex-Army-Ranger-turned-investigative-journalist took up the challenge.
No one knows more about dating a sniper than the man who finally earns Jazz's trust: Luke Montgomery. After a rocky start, he finally figures out exactly what Jazz wants in a man. Well, most of the time. So, I asked Luke for his five tips on dating a female sniper. At first, he didn't want to talk, but he owes me. If I hadn't thrown the two of them together in this fast-paced adventure, he may never have discovered why Jazz left him high and dry when he got to be…well…a tad too nosy for her liking. And, since I taught him everything he knows….Let's just say he didn't mince words in giving me advice, but gave me a slight grin, his eyes twinkling with amusement.
So, from Luke's own lips, five things you should know about dating a female sniper are:
5) Sneaking up to steal a kiss on the back of her neck is a very, very, very bad idea. I advise a warning hum or whistle…unless you happen to want to sing soprano.
4) Her aim is true, in more ways than one. A single word can make the inside of your skull tingle or pulverize your heart. It takes a brave man to risk being eviscerated with a verbal shot. But the reward…remarkable.
3) Don't forget that the phrase "Make My Day" takes on a whole new meaning. Said with a sultry smile and come-hither eyes, you're in for one unforgettable evening. Said with a laser sharp gaze and a slight line between her forehead…I'd suggest a hasty retreat and at least a dozen roses and a box of chocolates…if…you're brave enough to risk a return engagement.
2) Don't lie. Don't cheat. Just…don't.
1) Keep temptation close at hand. For Jasmine it's slow, gentle kisses—and Butter Rum Life Savers in the bedside table. Even with snipers, tenderness and sweets soothe the savage beast.
Hmm…I think that Luke actually blushed with number one. So, do you have any advice for a man who wants to date a female sniper? I'd love to hear your recommendations to Luke. (Even now, he could use a little help!)
Robin Perini's love of heart-stopping suspense and poignant romance, coupled with her adoration of high tech weaponry and covert ops, encouraged her secret inner commando to take on the challenge of writing romantic suspense novels.In Her Sightsis her debut novel.