Constantly tethered to a wall, trying to give your iPhone extra juice?
Here are some tricks that will speed up the charging process.
1. If you plug an iPhone 6 Plus into a regular wall charger and wait five minutes, you’ll likely see a 3% or so increase in battery life. Good news: There’s a way to double that.
2. First, put your iPhone in Airplane mode. Your iPhone won’t waste energy on notifications, texts, or searching for a signal.
3. Next, take off your iPhone’s case. Batteries in the iPhone don’t do well in heat, and your case could be generating excess heat, according to Apple’s website.
4. Also, use an iPad charger instead of the one that comes with your iPhone.
5. Lastly, leave your phone alone while it’s charging. When the display screen is on, it eats up your battery.
If you do all those things, your iPhone should double the amount charged from about 3% to 6% in five minutes.
This video will walk you through that whole process:
This article originally appeared on Business Insider
More from Business Insider:
Got an iPhone?Download Drippler 2.0
Notify me when Drippler 3.0 comes to iOS.
To Facebook Messenger