The Action Launcher for Android has seen numerous versions and updates already since the first one was released and welcomed into the world of launchers more than two years ago. Action Launcher by developer Chris Lacy is one of the more popular app launchers on mobile that's been receiving a lot of updates from allowing "OK Google” to a Quicktheme, and Quickbar feature among others.
Chris Lacy usually posts a long list of new goodies on every app update and today is no different. A number of stability and bug fixes are included. While on Battery Saver mode, the app now behaves correctly and without any other problem.
As for app improvements, users who are familiar with the Action Launcher will notice that 'All Apps' now defaults to a vertical grid with Quickfind. Quickbar also now features Google logo by default and you can now use applicable icon pack shaders.
We're not listing each and every new feature of the updated Action Launcher 3 app but included are the following:
• Quickfind that allows user to load and filter apps very quickly
• Use standard or T9 (predictive text) keyboard with Quickfind
• Tapping on the "Go" key on the keyboard will load the first search result
• Quickfind can be used as a shortcut action
• A single row of frequently used app now allowed on the All Apps page
• Support dynamic calendar API to enable calendar apps to to set a unique icon for each day
• Icon packs now use dynamic calendar icons
• 12 transition effects now available when moving between Home screen