Adobe today released a new iOS app dubbed CreatePDF that does right what the name suggest. Using CreatePDF, one can create PDF documents from scratch, right on their iOS device, down to images, links, formatting, footnotes, drawings and more. Adobe touts “the same high-quality PDF creation as Adobe Acrobat” and you can pretty much create any PDF document you could think of as the app works in tandem with the cloud to ensure quality PDF conversion.
Upon installing, CreatePDF registers as a default app to open Microsoft Word, Excell and PowerPoint documents, Adobe Illustrator drawings, Photoshop images and InDesing files, in addition to Open Office and StarOffice documents and JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF and TIFF images. This lets you send the aforementioned mail attachments or documents from other apps to CreatePDF using the “Open In…” feature of iOS. CreatePDF is a universal binary that costs ten bucks over at the App Store. More screenies and full features list after the break.
Adobe CreatePDF brings the same high-quality PDF creation as Adobe Acrobat to your iPad, iPhone and other iOS devices. Highlights of Adobe CreatePDF:
High Quality PDF Creation
• Creates PDF files that look exactly like the original using the same technology as Adobe Acrobat.
• Consistent, high-fidelity PDF conversion independent of device or software. Uses Adobe’s online services to ensure there is no compromise on quality or performance. The service does not keep a copy of your original or the PDF document.
• Creates PDF files that meet accessibility standards.
• Preserves links, end notes, foot notes and creates bookmarks automatically in PDF files converted from Office documents
• Preserves Transitions and converts Multi-media Content for Power Point files.
• Intuitive Interface for PDF Conversion
• Convert email attachments or files stored in the cloud or any application by opening them within the Adobe CreatePDF application.
• Hand over converted PDF files to other applications, including sending as email attachments with one touch
Supported File Formats include:
• MS Word (docx, doc), Excel(xlsx, xls), PowerPoint (pptx, ppt)
• Adobe Illustrator (ai), Photoshop (psd) and InDesign (indd)
• Images – JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIFF
• RTF, Text and WordPerfect
• OpenOffice and StarOffice documents