Amazon’s currently (as of 6/14/16) running a limited-time sale on most of its devices, including Fire tablets, Fire TV and the Amazon Tap. Prices shown here are accurate as of 6/14/16, but Amazon hasn’t said how long the sale will last so be sure to take advantage of these prices right away if you’re in the market for one of these devices.
The Amazon Tap is like a rechargeable, portable Echo. It’s normally sold for $129.99, but is marked down to $109.99 for this sale. From Amazon:
Discover and enjoy music, all in one place. Just tap the microphone button and ask for a song, artist, or genre. Stream directly over Wi-Fi from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and more.
When on the go, streaming music is just as easy using your phone or other mobile device’s hotspot. You can also connect via Bluetooth to your music—including iTunes.
When connected to Wi-Fi you can access Alexa, a cloud-based voice service that is always getting smarter. Just tap the microphone button and ask to hear news, set a timer, get the weather, and more. New skills are continually added—such as ordering a pizza from Domino’s, opening your garage with Garageio, and requesting a ride from Uber.
The entry-level Fire tablet, now available in magenta, blue, tangerine and the original black, is currently on sale for $39.99.
At this price the tablet comes with 8GB of internal storage and there’s also the option to step up to 16 GB of internal storage for $20 more: $59.99. From Amazon:
– Beautiful 7″ IPS display (171 ppi / 1024 x 600) and fast 1.3 GHz quad-core processor. Rear and front-facing cameras.
– Available in four colors.
– 8 or 16 GB of internal storage. Free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire devices. Add a microSD card for up to 128 GB of additional storage.
– Updated user interface – Fire OS 5 designed for quick access to your apps and content plus personalized recommendations that make it easy to discover new favorites.
– Up to 7 hours of reading, surfing the web, watching videos, and listening to music.
The Fire HD 10″ is also included in the sale, priced at $50 off. It normally sells for $229.99, but its current sale price is just $179.99 for the 16GB model; upgrade to 32GB for $30 more. From Amazon:
– Our largest display on our thinnest tablet yet, lighter and almost 2x more durable than the latest iPad Air.
– Beautiful widescreen 10.1″ HD display with over a million pixels (149 ppi / 1280 x 800)
– Fast quad-core processor up to 1.5 GHz. Rear-facing 5 MP camera and front-facing HD camera.
– 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage. Free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire devices. Add a microSD card for up to 128 GB of additional storage.
– Up to 8 hours of reading, surfing the web, watching video, and listening to music.
Finally, the Fire Kids Edition is $20 off, priced at $79.99 for the 8GB model ($20 more to upgrade to 16GB).
Starting last month the kids’ edition got a new color option for its kid-proof case: green. It’s still available in pink or blue, also. From Amazon:
– Up to $109 in savings on Fire, 1 year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited and a Kid-Proof Case, plus a 2-year worry-free guarantee
– Not a toy, a full-featured Fire tablet with a 7″ IPS display and front and rear cameras.
– 8 or 16 GB of internal storage. Add a microSD card for up to 128 GB of additional storage.
– 2-year worry-free guarantee: if they break it, return it and we’ll replace it for free. No questions asked.
– Best-in-class parental controls allow you to manage usage limits, content access, and educational goals.