Samsung has begun rolling out the first software update for the international variant of Galaxy S5 model SM-G900F based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
The Android 4.4.2 KitKat update with build number G900FXXU1ANE2 is at the moment available for the Galaxy S5 devices in the UK.
The guys from SamMobile have installed the update and figured that the newest build carries two important improvements, for the camera, that is considerably faster to open, and for the gallery app, which is evidently too slow. The update additionally carries enhanced efficiency to the fingerprint scanner. The newest KitKAt firmware adds an overall performance and greater RAM management.
The G900FXXU1ANE2 build is now accessible over Kies server and also as OTA update.
If you have not received the OTA notification and you are unable to access the update over Kies server, you may follow the next guide that will serve you to install manually the update using Odin.
The G900FXXU1ANE2 is an unbranded version of firmware that can be installed on any unlocked Galaxy S5 SM-G900F device, regardless of region or country.
Before running the stock firmware, you need to be sure that your Galaxy S5 device is the model number SM-G900F and is factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier, confirm the model number of your Galaxy S5 by navigating to Settings-> About phone-> Model number. G900FXXU1ANE2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware works only with Galaxy S5 SM-G900F.
1. Be sure that the Galaxy S5 is more than 80% battery charge, because if the phone powers off during the installation process, it could damage it.
2. Create a backup of all your important data as this action can remove all data of your device. If your device is having any CWM/TWRP custom recoveries then backup data using the same.
3. Connect your Galaxy S5 phone to the PC and install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5.
4. To connect the phone with a computer, enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone, and use Android SDK with it. To enable USB Debugging Mode go to Settings-> Developer Options.
5. The device will lose custom ROM with the installation of G900FXXU1ANE2 official firmware, and the stock version will replace the custom recovery.With the installation of official firmware, the phone will no longer relate to a rooted version.
Step by step guide to install G900FXXU1ANE2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F smartphone:
3) Extract the downloaded firmware zip to get a .tar.md5 file and few other files.
4) Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe.
5) Switch off the Galaxy S5 device and put it into Download Mode (press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys together )
6) Run Odin as Administrator on the computer
7) While in Download Mode, connect the Galaxy S5 to computer using USB cable. Wait until Odin recognizes the device.The ID COM box in Odin will show light blue with COM port number, when the device is connected successfully, be patient because this step might take some time.
8) Click on AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
9) Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Be sure that Re-Partition checkbox is not checked.
10) Click the Start key in Odin to begin the installation process that can take a few minutes to complete.
11) When the installation process is completed, the Galaxy S5 device will restart automatically. When the home screen shows on the phone, disconnect it from the computer.
The G900FXXU1ANE2 Android 4.4.2 KitKAt stock firmware should now be fitted on your Samsung Galaxy S5. Navigate to Settings->About phone and check the new firmware version that runs on the device now.
Notes that android.sc team cannot be held liable of any damage caused to your device while following the suggested procedure.