Remember those 1st generation iPod nanos that Apple recalled recently? You know, the ones that were prone to overheating and, in extreme cases, catching fire? It turns out Apple didn’t quite get them exchanged quickly enough.
A Japanese judge has ruled in favor of a couple from Tokyo who were unfortunate enough to own an original iPod nano, purchased in 2005. Five years later, the device was found to be getting unusually warm during charging and, once in the hands of a poor Japanese lady, burst into flames.