Many apps updated, went on sale, or made announcements recently, and 9to5Mac gathered the most noteworthy ones in our regular round up below. Today’s crop includes giveaways by developer Shape.ag, a map app alternative featuring Google data, and updates and price drops for popular iOS apps. Per usual, we will continue to update this list throughout the day.
1. Where To? for iOS | $2.99
Future Taps’ maps app alternative, which uses Google data, was featured by Apple in App Store Rewind 2011 in many countries and won Best App Ever Awards in the category “Best Travel App” for 2008, 2009 and 2010. Version 5.2 is now fully compatible with iOS 6 and the iPhone 5. The full changelog:
- Local search app for iPhone and iPod touch
- Finds 2,200 brands in more than 700 categories
- Results are shown on the map, in a list or using Augmented Reality
- Photos, reviews and business hours are listed
- NEW: Compatible with iOS 6 and iPhone 5
- NEW: Launches from Maps app
- NEW: Turkish Localization
2. Dolphine Browser for iOS | Free
Version 6.1 landed today, and it now includes a previously existing option to access tabs on the top or right sidebar. The browser also highlights new Tab sync and History sync features, auto full screen, search inbox, and an improved display with iPhone 5 compatibility.
Support for iOS 6:
1. Gmail for iOS | Free
Version 1.3.1415 is now optimized for iPhone 5.
1. dJay for iPad| $4.99
Algoriddim’s highly acclaimed DJ app, which won the Apple Design Award for 2011, is now $15 off for a limited time. The iPhone counterpart was also on sale yesterday; see 9to5Toys for details.