MapQuest version 3.1:In the face of Apple’s iOS 6 Maps controversy, many mapping and navigation apps are updating with new features and hoping to gain users searching for alternatives. MapQuest today gets an update with a couple new features and many enhancements:
• Favorites! You can now add any location as a favorite for quick access!
• Add a point: You can now press-and-hold on the map anywhere to route to a point (without searching or typing)
• Your contacts now appear automatically as you type in a search box (try their name or address)
• Your recent locations and searches now appear automatically when searching
• We now show more of the road ahead while you’re navigating
• For multi-stop routes, we now show time & distance summaries for each leg of the trip
• Improved application launch speed
• Bug and crash fixes that will blow your mind
Fortune Magazine version 6.3: Fortune Magazine is launching what it calls the first “Newsstand iPad app that allows users to move seamlessly between print magazine and digital content.” The update is free but you’ll need a digital subscription which currently comes with one free month.
It offers a unique view of FORTUNE content with magazine and online features side-by-side, integrated in one comprehensive reading experience. The app updates FORTUNE’s existing magazine app, is free to download and offers full articles.
Battlelog version 1.0.49:EA’s mobile iPhone companion app for Battlefiled 3 gets a bunch of new features today alongside a redesigned UI:
New features in this update: • See your stats for all weapons, equipment, and vehicles from Premium, Close Quarters, and Armored Kill • Track your progress towards the 40+ available Assignments in BF3 • Change your current dogtags to show off in-game or escape those pesky tag hunters • Enjoy a redesigned UI and navigation for faster access to a variety of Battlelog features • Get more detailed server info for PC servers before you join, including all server settings and the current map rotation • As a Premium user, keep track of the calendar of upcoming content and watch Premium-exclusive videos
iDisplay version 2.5: The app for using your iPad or iPhone as an additional display for your Mac or PC was updated today with support for iOS 6 and iPhone 5.
CNN for iPad version 1.7.1:CNN update its iPad app today with support for Live TV closed captioning, optimizations for iOS 6, and bug fixes.