What some would argue as one of the best Star Wars games to be released, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has finally made its way to Android devices today thanks to Aspyr Media and Bioware. This is the full Action-RPG that was released for the Xbox back in 2003.
For those of you not familiar with this game, Knights of the Old Republic is set in the Star Wars universe (obviously) and has players (as part of the Jedi Order) trying to stop an evil Sith from destroying the Republic with an ancient war machine. This will be done with a party of nine character you choose to use and can customize. As the publishers note on Google Play, this has not been slimmed down in terms of content or the visuals from the original game's release. This also means you need to make sure you have plenty of internal storage freed up.
Knights of the Old Republic Features:
• An epic Star Wars™ role-playing experience with unique characters, creatures, vehicles and planets.
• Learn to use the Force with over 40 different powers, plus build your own Lightsaber.
• Adventure through iconic Star Wars locations, including Tatooine and the Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk.
• Choose your party from nine customizable characters, including Twi'leks, Droids and Wookiees.
• Travel to eight enormous worlds in your own starship, the Ebon Hawk.
• A streamlined user interface custom-made for the touch screen helps immerse you in the action.
• Full HID controller support for those gamers that prefer the original control scheme.
• For the first time, KOTOR has achievements!
Other features of note for this game include full controller support which should make you mobile gamers out there who use controllers quite happy. There are also achievements in this game to earn which is a first for this game. It is a big game with eight worlds to travel around and all the content of the original.
If you haven't picked this game up yet, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is now available on Google Play for $4.99 which is the sale price to celebrate the game's release onto Android. Regular price is $10 so best to pick it up now instead of later.