It’s awesome to see RIM is flourishing everywhere! Every great application is constantly being improved, features added, bugs addressed. And that brings us to the latest update for BlackBerry News for PlayBook.
BlackBerry News for PlayBook is a news aggregator that enables subscribing to RSS feeds provided by many different content providers to enable a single location to get your latest news. New Updates include:
- Portrait mode support for all screens
- “Read” articles are marked as such
- “New” content indicator on home screen
- Ability to update channels through data tethering
- Ability to switch channels in magazine view
- In the article view, ability to go to previous/next article
- View a feed immediately after subscribing to it
The overall feel of BlackBerry News on the PlayBook is a lot more complete now. RIM has built by far my favorite RSS feeds client on the PlayBook. With the combination of all my favorite blogs news and the “newspaper” style layout I couldn’t pick a better app to feed me the goods everyday!
With the new update users can switch through posts much quicker, a swipe down from the top bezel brings up your current RSS feed subscriptions as well allowing you to switch blogs on the fly. A very welcomed update. Grab yours from your PlayBook below. If the update isn’t showing for you, you can clear your cache in the browser to speed up the arrival.