One Samsung Galaxy S4 user accidentally hit the “Cancel Download” command instead of the “Download Later” option. Now, he is having trouble getting the update.
Despite the update not showing in the Notifications there is another way to get the update. All you have to do is follow the simple steps below:
1. Try if restarting your Galaxy S4 will make the notification appear.
2. If that does not work, press the Menu button.
3. Open Settings.
4. Select the About Device option.
5. Hit Software Update.
6. Tap Update and wait as your device connects to the server. You may notice that your device will black out for a moment. For best results, do not do anything to your device until the update finishes.
7. You will be prompted to install the update, so just select Installand wait again until the Galaxy S4 reboots. After that, the update is finished.
You can go to the About Device section again using steps 2 to 4 to check whether the installation of the update is successful.
If the process above still does not work for you, perform a factory reset using the steps under the #1 section of the article here. Then, perform steps 2 to 7 which were presented above.
#2 Samsung Galaxy S4 Overheating Reminder
It seems many users are still asking about the causes of the phone overheating issue.
In addition to the solutions there, it is worth noting that viruses or malware can cause the issue too. So, be sure to equip your device with a reliable and updated antivirus software.
Email to Us Your Questions and Suggestions
I hope that the information provided here somehow helped. For more questions about Android devices, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just be detailed as much as possible in your questions so we can effectively pinpoint your problem and help you find the right solution for it.
Users who have something to contribute on the subject can also share their views and suggestions via email@example.com or on the comment box below.