How to Develop Self-Discipline, Resist Temptations and Reach Your Long-Terms Goals
If you want to make positive changes in your life and achieve your long-term goals, I can’t think of a better way to do it than to learn how to become more self-disciplined.
Science has figured out a lot of interesting aspects of self-discipline and willpower, but most of this knowledge is buried deep inside long and boring scientific papers.
If you’d like to benefit from these studies without actually reading them, this book is for you. I’ve done the job for you and researched the most useful and viable scientific findings that will help you improve your self-discipline.
Here are just a couple things you will learn from the book:
– what a bank robber with lemon juice on his face can teach you about self-control. The story will make you laugh out loud, but its implications will make you think twice about your ability to control your urges.
– how $50 chocolate bars can motivate you to keep going when faced with an overwhelming temptation to give in.
– why President Obama wears only gray and blue suits and what it has to do with self-control (it’s also a possible reason why the poor stay poor).
– why the popular way of visualization can actually prevent you from reaching your goals and destroy your self-control (and what to do instead).
– what dopamine is and why it’s crucial to understand its role to break your bad habits and form good ones.
– 5 practical ways to train your self-discipline. Discover some of the most important techniques to increase your self-control and become better at resisting instant gratification.
– why the status quo bias will threaten your goals and what to do to reduce its effect on your resolutions.
– why extreme diets help people achieve long-term results, and how to apply these findings in your own life.
– why and when indulging yourself can actually help you build your self-discipline. Yes, you can stuff yourself (from time to time) and still lose weight.
Instead of sharing with you the detailed “why” (with confusing and boring descriptions of studies), I will share with you the “how” – advice that will change your life if you decide to follow it.
You too can master the art of self-discipline and learn how to resist temptations. Your long term goals are worth it. Scroll up and buy the book now.
As a gift for buying my book, you’ll get my another book, “Grit: How to Keep Going When You Want to Give Up,” completely free.