You can get a LOT of great apps for free by checking Amazon’s Free App of the Day each day (weekends, too!), but they can’t all be winners. Sometimes the app is a type that doesn’t appeal to you, sometimes the reviews are lukewarm to negative, and sometimes you’ll find the FAotD is something you already own.
On those days, head on over to the Top 100 Free Apps listings on Amazon and choose your own Free App of the Day! Note that most of them are ad-supported or include in-app purchasing, which is how the developers are being compensated instead of charging users to buy the app, so if you’re averse to either of those things be sure to read the app descriptions carefully and check the reviews to ensure you won’t find anything objectionable in the apps. Here are just a few of the top-rated apps from the current list:
One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based driving game ever made for mobiles! And it’s free!
Meet Newton Bill, the young aspiring uphill racer. He is about to embark on a journey that takes him to where no ride has ever been before. With little respect to the laws of physics, Newton Bill will not rest until he has conquered the highest hills up on the moon!
Face the challenges of unique hill climbing environments with many different cars. Gain bonuses from daring tricks and collect coins to upgrade your car and reach even higher distances. Watch out though – Bill’s stout neck is not what it used to be when he was a kid! And his good ol’ gasoline crematorium will easily run out of fuel.
– 10 different vehicles with unique upgrades (many different vehicles: bike, truck, jeep, tank etc)
– Upgradeable parts include engine, suspension, tires and 4WD
– 11 stages with levels to reach in each (Countryside, Desert, Arctic and the Moon! +++)
– Share your score with a screenshot with your friends!
– Cool graphics and smooth physics simulation
– Designed to look good on low resolution and high resolution devices (incl. tablets)
Episode one of a five-part game series set in the same universe as Robert Kirkman’s award-winning series. Play as Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who has been given a second chance at life in a world devastated by the undead. With corpses returning to life and survivors stopping at nothing to maintain their own safety, protecting an orphaned girl named Clementine may offer him redemption in a world gone to hell. Experience events, meet people and visit locations that foreshadow the story of Deputy Sheriff Rick Grimes. A tailored game experience – actions, choices and decisions you make will affect how your story plays out across the entire series.
• Winner of over 90 Game of the Year awards
• All five award-winning episodes plus special episode ’400 Days’
• Based on Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comic book series
• Choice matters: your decisions change the story around you
Heroes of War is more than just an ordinary war game. Battle thousands of other players online as you build your village and train your troops using the latest smoothest controls.
Heroes of War combines fast-paced combat with addictive strategic planning and gameplay. Train your troops and manage your heroes before you send them into battle!
= FEATURES =
- Manage your Heroes and plot your path to victory!
- Obtain soldiers with Special Powers!
- Build your village into an impenetrable fortress!
- Go to battle with Live Players!
- Defend your village with all manner of equipment: Cannons, Mortars, Archer Towers, Air Defenses and Walls
New game updates coming soon! Watch out for these new and exciting features!
- New skill for Longbowman!
- New Language Localizations!
- New Heroes will rise and prepare for battle: Orc Sword Master and Orc Heavy Giant
Note: A network [internet] connection is required to play