In Nihilumbra, players assume the role of Born, a creature of darkness that is native to the realm that contains the Void and wishing to escape it. The game is a puzzle-platformer, with multiple levels on each of five different worlds, with Born using running and jumping to navigate the various stages.
Players will accrue different colors to use in puzzle solving, with each of the five different colors have an associated power; for example, the color blue enables Born to make surfaces slippery. However, this ability to use colors to gain special abilities comes at a price and the Void wants to reclaim Born, destroying everything in its path as it comes for him.
• The ability to change ground physics using five different colors.
• Use five worlds as your canvas and transform them at your will.
• Original soundtrack composed by Álvaro Lafuente.
• Unlock a great surprise by completing the game. Replayability assured.
• Enjoy a pretty cool Voiceover that has been compared to Morgan Freeman
• Complete the game by getting all the achievements
• Visit the art gallery and discover how it was conceived
Nihilumbra is available to download for free, through the entirety of the first world, and the first two levels of the second. After that, there's a single IAP to unlock the full game and remove ads for $2.99. You can also check out this game in the video below.