We have been hearing horror stories of how some iPhones have been electrocuting their owners, and now it looks like not only will Apple have to deal with electrocuting iPhones, but exploding ones as well! According to a report from China, it seems that one Chinese woman has suffered an eye injury as the result of her iPhone exploding and shooting debris into her eye. According to the woman, she felt her phone get warm after talking on it for 40 minutes, which we guess is somewhat normal, but when she tried to end the call by tapping on the screen, the device combusted and sent debris into her eye.
According to Li, she could not open her eyes and her colleagues had to rush her to a hospital where the doctor found her eyeball to be red and inflamed, with a scratch mark where the debris had presumably hit it. Thankfully it wasn’t too serious and Apple representatives have stated that they are investigating the matter. The previous electrocution cases have been linked to using unofficial chargers, which Apple has urged their customers not to do and have even announced a USB charger replacement program, although it is unclear if this recent incident had anything to do with using a fake/unofficial charger.