With all the hustle-bustle, extra travel and crowded conditions the holiday season brings, it’s inevitable that minor accidents will happen. Keep trusted first aid instructions at your fingertips with the American Red Cross First Aid app (4.5/5 stars, currently FREE). From Amazon:
Accidents happen. The official American Red Cross First Aid app puts expert advice for everyday emergencies in your hand. Get the app and be prepared for what life brings. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know first aid.
· Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
· Fully integrated with 9-1-1 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
· Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
· Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
· Pre-loaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
· Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
— One of “8 New Apps You Don’t Want To Miss” (6/16/2012) – Mashable
— One of “10 Great Apps for Android Tablets” (9/2012) – Mashable
— One of the 50 Best Apps for Parents of 2012 – Babble.com
— First Aid American Red Cross App Should be Installed on Every Phone – Android Police
— One of “8 Ways Your Phone Doubles as a Wilderness Survival Tool” (7/2012) – Mashable
— One of “10 apps that can save your life during a natural disaster” – ComplexTech
— One of “10 Online Resources to Prepare for the Mayan Apocalypse” – Mashable