A Picross puzzle is kind of like Sudoku, because you have to use logic and the process of elimination to fill in a grid. Only with Picross puzzles, you’re creating a picture by filling in squares with shading.
The best way to learn how these puzzles work is to try one, so we’re sharing three highly-rated, free versions of this fun logic puzzle game.
Griddlers Plus supports 4 types of griddlers puzzle: standard (black&white), colored, triangle and multi griddlers and comes with lots of free puzzles.
– It supports standard (black&white), colored, triangle and multi griddlers.
– Advanced user interface controls for solving big and complex puzzles easily (zoom, scroll, multi cell selection, undo, redo, backup and restore solutions…).
– Hundreds of free puzzles.
Logic Pic (4.5/5 stars, guidance suggested, currently FREE)
Logic Pic is a puzzle game where you use logic to color the blocks in a grid and reveal hidden pictures. Also known as Nonogram, Hanjie, Picross or Griddlers, this is a logic challenge that will please puzzle fans of all ages with endless hours of fun and entertainment. Get started!
Five thematic level packs will add even more to the classic gameplay of this addictive puzzle game. Solve the puzzles to discover awesome colorful pixel art illustrations, including:
• Famous Landmarks: Big Ben, Pisa Tower, Eiffel Tower, Giza Pyramids…Loch Ness?
• Animals: dog, cat, mouse, panda, penguin, dinosaur…Unicorn?
• Everyday Objects: cupcake, banana, mug, teapot, videogame…Fried chicken?
• Movies: the famous classics of Hollywood.
• Bigger levels: can you beat them?
• Auto-save feature: come back and play any level from where you left
• Comprehensive tutorial for beginners
• Hundreds of handmade and thematic puzzle levels
• Challenging puzzles for beginners and experienced players alike
• Great and responsive interface
• Easy to learn and hard to master puzzle game
Enjoy Logic Pic! The free Nonogram picture logic puzzle with a twist!
GraphiLogic (5/5 stars, guidance suggested, currently FREE)
Single and multi color Nonogram or Mosaic puzzles.
The goal of the logic game is to reveal the graphic defined by a numeric grid.
Play puzzles, create new ones, and share them: draw puzzles and send them in E-mail, SMS, share them on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, or generate a QR code and scan it with another device.
The game supports multiple logic puzzles:
Most of the puzzles are single or multi-color nonogram (picross) type, also known as hanjie, nonogram, griddlers, picross, pic-a-pix, picgrid or paint by numbers.
The game also supports Mosaic puzzles, also known as mosaik, Japanese mosaic, fill-a-pix, nurie or nampre.