According to a report this evening from Finnish pub SK24, a 17 year old Fin named Henri Helminen was carrying his iPhone in his backpocket (stick with us here) when it spontaneously started smoking in a pretty big way. We all know Lithium batteries can, if something is wrong, explode or behave like in the above video but usually there has to be some major malfunction. Recently an Australian man’s iPhone blew up but it was traced back to a poorly done 3rd party repair.
This is a little too close to Nokia’s headquarters for us to believe off the bat. We’ll continue to follow the story to see what has happened.