Samsung isn't the only company that has had deal with exploding products. A Wisconsin woman told ABC News that her new Fitbit Flex 2 activity tracker "exploded" on her wrist while she read a book earlier this week. Dina Mitchell was treated at an area emergency care provider the next day and was left with second-degree burns on her wrist.
After the device combusted, Mitchell quickly removed it from her wrist. Doctors allegedly had to remove small pieces of rubber and plastic from her arm left by the melting device. Mitchell received the Flex 2 as a birthday gift and only had it for about two weeks before the incident.
Fitbit knows about the incident and offered Mitchell a free replacement device. A company spokesperson told ABC News that it's investigating the issue. "We are extremely concerned about Ms. Mitchell’s report regarding her Flex 2 and take it very seriously, as the health and safety of our customers is our top priority," Fitbit said in a statement.