The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has landed in our office. As most of you would know, the 32 GB base model costs Rs 62,000. After the Galaxy S III, the S6 Edge is the first Samsung phone to feature a radical design change. Obviously, the edge screen is something that grabs your attention. However, there are other interesting facts about the phone you need to know about.
1. The Galaxy S6 is the only Android phone that has got the biometrics security right. Unlike most Android phone where you have to swipe your finger on the sensor, the S6 Edge only requires a simple touch. Yes, it works as good if not better than the iPhone 6's Touch ID.
2. The phone has a built-in Infrared blaster. With the help of preinstalled app, you can use the Galaxy S6 Edge to control your TV, Music system, or even AC. I'm finding it quite handy during the IPL matches.
3. Although fancy and futuristic, the edge screen enhances the reflection issue. On a flat screen, you only have to worry about avoiding reflection in single pane. On the edge display, you have to deal with curved surface. The following image should give you a clear idea of what I'm on about.
4. The only (borderline)useful aspect about the edge screen is that you can add five favourite contacts to the edge screen. With a single swipe you get option to call, SMS, and email any of these contacts.
5. The S6 and S6 Edge are the first Galaxy S series phones to feature OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation) camera tech. It helps produce sharper images in low-light. First Samsung phone to sport such camera module was the Galaxy Note 4.