In India, nothing is more important than the Religion, Bollywood, and Cricket. I've had friends who would take a day's leave to follow a Cricket match. Now thanks to websites such as Khelnama.com, you can access live scores at your office desk. If your IT guy happens to have blocked these websites, don't worry. To keep yourself updated, all you need is a smartphone, GPRS connection, and these Cricket-centric apps.
1. ESPN Cricinfo The ESPNcricinfo app provides live score cards for Cricket matches from around the world. In addition to that , you get access to news, features and editorial content. You can be a part of the conversations, by posting comments from the app. Live tile support.
2. Yahoo Cricket This app offers a quick access to all the live scores of matches currently happening. There's an option that allows you to browse through the batting line-up, so that you know who is coming up next. Then, there are photo galleries, articles, and schedules covering the latest from the world of cricket.
3. ICC Cricket Yes, this is the official app of the International Cricket Council - the governing body of world cricket. It offers latest news, live scores, galleries, and team information. Moreover, you get access to select video match highlights and post-match press conference.
4. BCCI The official Board of Control for Cricket in India app is quite straightforward. It offers live score cards, in-depth analysis, News, Stats, and exclusive interviews. it also comes with Twitter integration to check what's trending in the world. It's a good app, but has a few rough edges.
5. Cricbuzz Cricbuzz keeps you posted about live scores for all the International matches. To make sure you don't miss an important update, the app offers alerts via push notification service. You get information on upcoming matches and even get results of recent matches. It also comes with Widget support, which means you can bring the game onto your home-screen.