Today’s Amazon Free App of the Day is Conzentrate (4/5 stars, all ages), an app that provides tools and exercises to improve concentration and meditation. From Amazon:
Conzentrate helps to improve the focus of the mind. Conzentrate app makes it a fun event by setting goals that you can achieve and at the same time allowing you to improve your concentration. The result of every goal is to unlock a background or a ball or a background music. The original name for this technique is called as Trataka in Sanskrit.
Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras mentions this as “Ekatattva Abhayasa”. It means the practice of One reality. Trataka is the fixing of one’s gaze, either externally or internally, on a point of attention. Together with this process, a breathing exercise may have to be practiced to calm the disturbances in the mind. More on Trataka Meditation can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trataka.
Benefits of Trataka or ConZentrate are
- Improves concentration, memory and mental power
- Some cases have shown to give spiritual powers
- Reduces stress and tension
- Improves motiviation power and foresight
• The features in the app include
• No ads on any screen.
• Home screen to choose between ConZentration and Settings
• Choose “Forever!!!” to let the ConZentration go for more than 3 hours
• Unlock new backgrounds/balls/music based on the time you meditated
• The bouncing ball can be touched at any time to remove it from the screen
• Post a message to Facebook to let your friends know about your practice and also unlock the audio file
• If you have not chosen “Forever!!!” in the settings slider then after the selected time is over the restart button appears
• A settings screen that allows choosing the time from 1 minute to “Forever” for your ConZentration and different backgrounds that suit your mood
Conzentrate: get it today, while it’s Amazon’s Free App of the Day.