No, I don’t mean it lit up a cigarette. Reuters said on Friday that a Galaxy Note 2, several generations older than the Galaxy Note 7 that was recently recalled, started smoking during a recent IndiGo flight from Singapore to Chennai.
The Galaxy Note 2, for what it’s worth, was never recalled. Typically, smoke and fire from smartphones occurs when a faulty (often third-party) charger or battery is used with a smartphone. In this case, smoke and sparks were seen “filtering from the baggage bin,” according to Reuters.
This is a one-off incident. Poor Samsung can’t stay out of the headlines for these unfortunate stories.