Samsung started an investigation after one of the Galaxy S3 Mini smartphone burned through owner’s dressing gown after getting too hot.
Overheating of phones is nothing new. Most of the phones have some kind of overheating issues.
Owner of the Galaxy S3 Mini, a heavily pregnant Joanne Whelan put her phone in her gown pocket after taking some photos of her daughter. But after 10 minutes or so, she felt sharp pain and when she checked she was socked to find a small hole in her dressing gown.
She claimed the phone was red hot and because of that the flash also got a mark.
“It must have burnt a hole through my dressing gown and burnt me. I’m just glad I was hurt and not my daughter, as she always plays with my phone.
“I think other people need to be made aware in case those batch of models are faulty.
“If I hadn’t have noticed it burning through, it could have caused a fire.”
Samsung is also trying to figure out what might have created the problem. A spokesperson for Samsung said: “Samsung takes all customer concerns seriously. Our customer service team are in contact with Joanne Whelan and are investigating the specific details of this case”
Samsung on it’s part replaced the Galaxy S3 Mini with a brand new phone.