BEIJING, China – A Google Nexus 7 owner in China had to face the unfortunate incident of having his device to be burnt beyond recognition.
The damaged tablet was returned to Asus for repair, however, it was replaced immediately with a new one. A good move by Asus’ customer service, as the Nexus 7 was never officially released in the China, the user might have bought it elsewhere.
The owner connected his device for charging sometime during night and went to sleep. By the time he woke up, the Nexus 7 was toasted and the room was filled with smoke. The battery area of the device was quite disfigured as it melted owing to the heat.
Although the tablet has been replaced, it is still unclear what happened to the impaired one. It is yet to be known whether it was a defective power plug or a battery flaw that led to the incident.