No matter the amount of functionality you get from your device, you always want more. Don’t worry, it’s not just you, we all do it. And one of the things that the Apple users – especially those with the larger screen sizes of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus – have always wanted is more icons for their dock.
While you get to add four icons in the dock on an iPhone, for some users, that’s just not enough. Having apps in the dock makes them much easier and faster to access.
Thankfully, you have a Cydia tweak that can help slightly, by adding just one more app to the dock. Here’s how to install the tweak to get a fifth icon dock on your iPhone.
Adding a Fifth Icon to the iPhone Dock
Known as betterFiveIconDock, this Cydia tweak helps you place your favourite fifth app to the iPhone dock. Here’s how:
I. Jailbreak Your iPhone
1. In order to install the tweak on your iPhone, you must be jailbroken. Please head to our jailbreaking section to learn how you can jailbreak your iPhone. We even have a video there as well to help you get through the procedure unscathed.
II. Install betterFiveIconDock
1. Open Cydia.
2. Tap on Sources.
3. Tap on Edit in the top-right corner.
4. Tap on Add in the top-left corner.
5. Enter the following URL in the box given on your iPhone’s screen, and then tap on Add Source to add the entered source into the Cydia app on your iPhone.
6. When the source is added, tap on Return to Cydia to get back to main screen of Cydia.
7. Tap on Search.
8. Search for and tap on betterFiveIconDock.
9. Tap on Install in the top-right corner.
10. Tap on Confirm to confirm the installation.
11. Tap on Restart SpringBoard for the changes to take effect.
12. Wait for SpringBoard to restart.
13. When SpringBoard restarts, drag and drop an icon onto the dock and it’ll stick there along with the existing four icons.
14. You’re all set!
So, your favorite app is now right there in your dock –a single tap away.
So what app did you just place in the dock on your iPhone? Is it WhatsApp or is it Inbox by Gmail? Let us know!