We're deep in the bleak midwinter. And like naughty little humans, we've been giving our bodies what we crave - stodgy, sticky, warming, and comforting - rather than what it actually needs.
But when your body is fighting hibernation mode, you really ought to nourish it with something wholesome. Wolfing down pizzas by the box might seem like the only plan you want to consider - but you know it's the reason you're feeling slow and heavy (and look a bit crappy). Putting good things inside you will help keep those energy levels up, your skin and hair healthy-looking, and your body trim.
3 Day Cleanse is the perfect tool for giving your body a quick detox when you're short on time, are feeling sluggish, and need a boost. This free app provides you with a 3-day meal plan, from the moment you wake up until you go to sleep at night - as well as tips to prepare your body for cleansing, shop savvy, and prepare ingredients safely.
Of course, shocking your body with short, sharp detoxes isn't sustainable in the long term. But it's a positive kick-start towards a healthier new you.
2. Allow the app to send you notifications, so you don't forget to follow the plan.
3. Start by opting for the Smoothie Plan or the Juice Plan, depending on whether you own a blender or juicer. Can't decide? Tap on Help me choose to get info on which will work best for you. Read through the Blenders Guide or Juicers Guide for tips on how to best use your kit.
4. Toggle the Shopping List on, so that all the ingredients you'll need to make the recipes in your plan can be auto-added to your shopping list.
5. Set up a Daily Reminder at a time that suits you best to prompt you to keep up with the challenge.
6. Tap on Take me to day 1 and get cleansing! Read through the Daily Guide to get motivational info on the benefits of raw eating, then prepare and consume each of your day's recipes, right up until bedtime. You can add notes and share recipes by email too. At the end of each day, tap on the tick symbol to complete and move on to the next day.
7. Don't forget to check out the Guides tab to get lifestyle tips, including advice on shopping, preparing and storing ingredients, preparing your body for detox, and making raw eating part of your daily life.
8. Feel a bit more human again.
How do you keep in shape? What fitness and diet apps do you turn to when you're feeling sluggish? Share them in the Comments below!