Every morning, I wake up in my cave of a flat having little or no idea of what the weather is doing outside. If I'm feeling particularly keen, I may well crane my head out onto the balcony in an attempt at gauging exactly what mother nature has decided to throw at us today. But most days I remain in the dark as to the meteorological conditions, and therefore my outfit choices for the day are a total potshot - with varied success.
So if you, like me, are sick of turning up soaking wet for work, or sweating buckets on the bus because you REALLY went overboard on the layers, then you need Swackett: a hipster weather app like no other.
Not only does it provide you with you all the standard weather data, it helpfully suggests the ideal outfit for today's outdoor conditions in the form of an adorable avatar, offering sage advice about carrying umbrellas and even water bottles. It even gives you ideas on fun activities for the day, plus warnings about any medical conditions that might be triggered based on the forecast.
For someone like me, who gets even their sock choice wrong, I can't imagine how I ever managed to dress myself without Swackett.
3. Register for Swackett with your name, email address, and a password of your choice.
4. Wait a couple of seconds for Swackett to gather weather data for your location, and generate the perfect outfit idea, e.g. "classy and casual - the supermom look: geometric v-neck jersey, black slacks, sandals." Snap a photo of your surroundings, and share it along with your clothing suggestions with your pals.
5. Swipe left to get a detailed weather forecast for the day, and swipe right for an inspiring quote (like "a yawn is a silent scream for coffee").
6. Tap on the Lifetsyle tab to check out what activities are suitable for today, what medical conditions could be triggered by today's meteorological conditions, and to enjoy a little nugget of history with events that happened on this date in the past.
7. Step out the house hot-to-trot, inspired, and feeling chipper about the day.
How do you stay bang on trend AND ready for the elements? Does that jacket clash with your iPhone case?