The smartphone is our camera, our agenda, our newspaper, our chatting tool, and the little gizmo we use to buy stuff online.
Sooner rather than later, we start keeping sensitive data in it. Data we fear losing.
Photos might be the first example that comes to mind, but there's also details of our private contacts, SMS, browser bookmarks, music, videos, app data... We've heard it thousands of times: better safe than sorry, son - backup your data! It's not just for desktop computers anymore. As smartphones have become our pocket computers, we should be regularly backing them up too.
There's no reason to ever procrastinate backing up your device due to the existence of backup apps that make it insultingly easy to keep your data safe in the cloud. There are hundreds of them, but we've chosen CM Backup due to its user-friendliness. CM Backup is easy to use, well designed, and includes free cloud storage to keep your backups always safe and accessible.
2. From the dashboard you can choose what type of data you want to back up (contacts, SMS, calls, photos, calendar...). Select as many as you like.
3. When you are all set up tap the Start button. It may take a few minutes to finish, depending on the amount of data you want to back up.
4. You can pause and resume the backup whenever you want.
5. Your backup will be uploaded to the free cloud storage provided by CM. You get an initial 5GB of free storage; earn more free space by enabling a phone number login (+1GB), collecting daily prizes, or even betting your free space against other users in rock-paper-scissor battles.
6. Restoring a backup file is as easy as tapping it from the list of all your backup files.
7. You can check the history of backed up and restored files and even schedule automatic backups from the sidebar menu.
8. Remember that, without root access, you can backup everything but app data.
Do you perform regular backups of your files? What backup apps do you use? The Comments section below is all yours.