Splitting the bill is one of those awkward moments that can lead to arguments between friends and family. Not just for things like dinner, but also for more complicated expenses like rent or trips. There's an easy way to avoid the face-off: simply being certain of the amount every individual is supposed to pay, who bought what, and who still owes their part.
Easy to say but hard to do. Well, until now. Thanks to apps like Splitwise, sharing expenses with others becomes a painless experience. With Splitwise, you can easily keep track of who owes and who's owed. You can add friends, create groups that share certain expenses (rent, home expenses, trips, etc.), and check changes in the total balance.
From here on out, you can hang out with friends carefree, avoiding any hard feelings based on silly money business.
3. Set the amount, people involved, who paid for it and how to split the bill among participants (either equally, or input custom percentages). You can add expenses to a group plus descriptions and further notes.
4. It's a good idea to invite friends to the app from the very beginning: do it by tapping the person icon with a + sign. You can invite them to join by name, email, or phone number.
5. Create a group with the people you've already added. You can be specific about the purpose of the group: rent, a specific trip, some other project... Add as many people as you want to the groups.
6. Display the left-side menu (tap the hamburger button) and check recent activity to get an overall view of monetary movements.
7. Go to settings for tweaking things like notifications, reminders, and profile details.
Have you ever tried an expense manager like Splitwise? We'd like to hear about your experience with it. The Comments section below is all yours.