Learning a new language is not an easy task, and doing so as an adult, and without taking classes, is even harder. Fortunately, we have apps to help us out, some of them really useful when approaching a new way of learning vocabulary.
Drops is a beautifully-designed language learning app with an interesting mechanic that allows you to spend only 5 minutes a day practicing your new language. How does it work? The app simply forces you to repeat and use each word over and over again until you finally memorize it by heart.
2. Choose the language you want to learn, there are several ones available: Spanish, French, German, Italian and English. I chose French.
3. Follow the advice for each day, as this is a 10 day challenge. Tap on the topic chosen for each day and read the word in French.
4. Uncover the drawing to guess what it really means. Listen to the correct pronunciation and see the translation in English as well.
5. Next, you'll see a selection of different exercises designed to help you remember the word and its meaning. Match it to its correct drawing, write it correctly or select true or false when necessary.
6. Continue with the next drop and see how the exercises soon increase in difficulty.
Which are your favorite language learning apps? Tell us how in the Comments below.