We check our smartphones an average of 150 times a day, yet we struggle to work out what change we should be getting from a dollar when we buy a pack of gum. How about we start using this mini-computers we call smartphones to actually engage our brains a little?
Smartloq Math is a smart app designed to take advantage of how much we touch our phones to help you improve your mental arithmetic skills.
Smartloq works as a kind of security lock for the apps you choose to apply it to. Only, instead of entering a passcode to access your apps, you must answer a single mental arithmetic question. The more you open your apps, the more questions you'll have to answer and the more speedy and confident you'll become with mental maths.
2. Select the apps you'd like Smartloq to be applied to, including games, social media, etc - it's best to apply it to the apps you use the most. Each time you launch a paired app, a single math question will come up.
3. Head to the settings to customize the arithmetic questions you get hit with. You can set the type of functions you'd like to test (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division), the maximum values of numbers included in the questions, and how many attempts you have to make at a question before Smartloq will grant you access to the app you're trying to enter.
4. Get practicing! Launch any paired app, and Smartloq will present you with a mental arithemtic questions that you must get right in order to access the app!
5. Are you a mom or dad? You can set up a security PIN for access to the main app, allowing you to manage and lock the settings, so your kids can't try and cheat. You can also view statistics and a full history log, so you can see which areas your kid needs help with.
6. Practice mental math every time you use your favorite apps!