When you're on business or travels and trying to communicate with people of foreign tongues, dodgy machine translations and hand gestures don't always cut it. To avoid foreign faux pasor getting the wrong end of the stick, sometimes only accurate translation will do - especially when you're in a fix and need to know the write words quickly!
TAKEASY is an innovative instant translation service that hooks you up with a real-life professional translator/interpreter for up to 11 languages (English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Portuguese, Thai, and Italian).
Whether you are trying to communicate with someone of a different language, are having trouble understanding a street sign or a document, or are working abroad, this well designed app is on-hand for your on-demand language needs.
2. Register with your email, or login via Facebook or Twitter.
3. From the homescreen, select the language pair you need translating, and tap on 'Free Trial' to start a test call with a live translator. Once you're on the call, you can request voice interpretation, and input text and upload photos for instant translation.
4. When you're done with the call, and if you found the translator particularly helpful, you can favorite them for quick access when you need help later.
5. Head to your Profile and tap purchase to buy any of the available translation packages, from 25 minutes, a week, a month, and a 1-year package. If you opt not to buy a package, you can still contact the service, but note that calls are charged at $1.99/minute.
6. Head to your Profile anytime you want to see your chat history, check your call times and credit, and contact one of your favorited translators, either by opening a chat or calling them directly.
7. Get lost in translation no more!
Which translation tools do you use when you're in a language pickle?