If you've made a purchase in the PlayStation Store and have decided that you want a refund, or you've found charges on your account that you didn't make, it's possible to request a refund. Depending on the type of content you want to be refunded for, you might be able to get a refund through the PlayStation Network.
The specifics regarding your refund largely depend on the type of content you are seeking to be refunded for. Most content can be refunded if you request a refund within 14 days of purchase and have not downloaded or streamed the content in question.
If you're not sure where to start when it comes to requesting a refund, the PS4 chat support bot is here to help. Follow this guide to get started.
1. Click the "Chat" button on the right side of the PS4 webpage for refund support.
2. In the pop-up chat window, click on "New refund request."
3. Click "I'm ready."
4. For question one, click "Yes, I am" to confirm you were the person whose account was charged for the purchase. The owner of the account is the only one who can request a refund for the purchase.
5. For question two, click on the payment method you used when making the purchase.
6. For question three, click "Yes, I am" to confirm that the payment method used is in your name. Similar to question one, if the payment method belongs to someone else, they are the only one who can request a refund for the purchase.
7. For question four, click on the option that most closely matches the reason for your refund request.
8. For question five, click "Yes" if you have already downloaded the content for which you want a refund. If you have not already downloaded said content, click "No."
9. For question six, click "Yes" if you are requesting a refund for the first time with your PlayStation Network account. If you've requested a refund before, click "No." If you're not sure, click "Unsure." If you click "Yes," answer question 6.5 by clicking on the option that most closely resembles the reason for your previous refund request.
10. For question seven, type in the number of days that have passed since you first made the purchase, then click on the blue arrow to the right of the screen.
11. If you want to connect with a live agent to process the refund, click "Next." If you don't want to go through with the refund after all, click "Nevermind."
The live agent will help you along through the rest of the refund process, including determining whether or not you qualify for a refund.