If you are wondering how to hard reset iPhone 4 or 3GS, then no need to look further as here is a complete guide. Is your iPhone 4 smartphone becoming unresponsive or freeze and wont power on no matter what you do? Then you should try performing a hard reset, and there are any ways which will tell you how to hard reset iPhone, and help you deal with the problems.
The iPhone is one of the world’s smartest phones with the largest selling capital, with hi-tech properties and having the world’s most advanced mobile operating system with a great variety of applications to choose from.
iPhone with time has developed many types of models having similar properties, such as iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs, iPhone4, iPhone 4S, and am sure with time there will be more. iPhone has such an advanced technology that many a times it can become unresponsive or freeze due to some problems, but nothing to worry as it can be managed with just a reboot or reset, and there are many ways on how to hard reset iPhone, or how to hard reset iPhone 3Gs, or how to hard reset iPhone 4, as these are just a chain of the same smartphone, so similar problems occur, but are manageable and nothing to get alarmed about.
You may be wondering what a hard reset iPhone 3Gs, or how to hard reset iPhone 4 means, it’s just a normal way of rebooting the phone, this does not change or remove anything on your iPhone, but just like all other computers the Apple iPhone occasionally needs a restart, by giving it a “hard reset”, therefore simple instructions are given and if well followed and am sure you will get a solution.
1. Press-hold the Home Button, it is the big circle below the screen and the sleep/wake or the on-off button located on the top of the iPhone on the right hand side simultaneously.
2. Keep on holding the button for about 15-20 seconds, until the red slider appears to turn off your phone, if that comes slide it to turn off iPhone, you can ignore it also, but the phone will switch off on its own, and the screen will turn dark. Then to turn on your phone, again press the hold and sleep/wake button, till the apple logo appears in silver /white color and begins to reboot, you can then let go of the buttons.
3. A lot of times these problems happen due to low battery issues, therefore if there is low battery connect your iPhone to the computer through USB or high power adapter, let it charge for a while then maybe your phone gets restarted and you can make respective changes.
4. Software issue may also be the reason for it being frozen, therefore after connecting it to the computer, go to iTunes and click on the top left hand side corner where “devices” is mentioned, take a backup in order to save all your data and update the software, this might help you with the problem.
5. These phones are so advanced with so much of applications and features, that we tend to use them so much that we forget to close the apps which might create problems for the phone, and we might not know how to hard reset iPhone 3Gs, as it supports so many applications and even third party applications with so much of ease, therefore we might need to force quit the apps, for which you need to click on the home button and sleep/wake button, on the home screen, application will appear, there will be a cross sign (x) sign, click on that and the application will quit on its own.
iPhone 4 is such an advanced phone with so much of luxurious facilities that you tend to do multitasking and switch between applications, which causes problems, therefore in order to enjoy those facilities just make sure you close the apps which is not needed as it drains out battery unnecessarily and tends to cause problems, you can follow all the instructions given above on how to hard reset iPhone 4, but still if these solutions do not help, which shouldn’t happen, you can contact apple store to know more on how to hard reset iPhone. A little bit of care will help you retain your phone for a longer period of time and keep you away from such problems.