Don’t worry, we’re not going to tell you not to use your Android to take private photos in the first place. After all, escaping the tyranny of the prying eyes of the convenience store photo developer guy represents of one the great leaps forward of our time.
However, you should be smart about how your protect your mobile privacy. Don’t let kids, friends, or workmates stumble across compromising snaps from your weekend jollies.
What you need, my licentious friend, is a photo hider app. Use free Android apps like Vault-Hide SMS, Pics & Videos and Hide pictures - KeepSafe Vault to lock down your private photos for your eyes only.
Here's how to hide private photos and videos on your Android device:
1. Install and open a photo hider app like Vault-Hide SMS, Pics & Videos or Hide pictures - KeepSafe Vault.
2. Set a master password to protect everything you want to keep private. Make sure you choose a combination that you won’t forget!
3. Select all the photos and videos from your Gallery that you want to keep private. The app will import them automatically, placing them behind the password protection barrier.
4. Some apps also include protection for any private contacts and SMS conversations you might have on your phone. You can even hide specific apps if you don’t want anyone stumbling across them.
5. If you want, most photo hider apps include the option of automatically snapping a photo with the front facing camera if anyone tries to get into the app with the incorrect password. That way, you’ll have evidence as to exactly who has been snooping into your private affairs.
6. Every time the app closes or the screen times out, you’ll have to re-enter the master password in order to access your private media. That means it’s much less likely that anyone will be able to break in for a quick illicit glimpse.
How do you protect your mobile privacy? What’s your favorite photo hider app? Let us know in the Comments below.