The Android notifications menu sometimes fills up so fast, it's easy to close it without properly checking it. If you've done this, and think you might have accidentally swiped something important into non-existence, you can still get it back. Here we show you how to recover lost notifications on your Android device by finding the Android notification history.
The notification log – where you can view deleted notifications – is only available on Android 4.3 Jellybean or above. For the purposes of this walkthrough, we used stock Android Lollipop.
How to recover lost notifications on Android
1. Long-tap an empty space on your Android home screen, then tap Widgets.
2. Swipe left until you get to the Settings shortcutwidget.
3. Long-tap the widget until your home screens appear, then drag it to a home screen of your choice.
4. In the Settings shortcutmenu that appears, scroll down and tap Notification log.
5. A Notification logshortcut will appear on your home screen. Just tap this, and you’ll have access to your notification history.
Once you're in the notification log, you'll see active notifications in white, and notifications that you closed in gray. You can tap the gray notifications just as you would normally, and you'll be taken straight to the source of the notification.
Are you guilty of accidentally deleting your notification history? Let us know in the comments.