The Galaxy S6 was equipped with various exceptional features, due to which, it stands out among all the other phones. This year, Samsung completely redesigned their flagship, and finally moved on from the plastic build, which has been a letdown for customers over the past few years. The Galaxy S6 is furnished with numerous noteworthy features.
The Galaxy S6 comes with fast charging capabilities, Smart Manager, Double Wireless, Fingerprint Scanner, and many more features. The Galaxy S6 is an unprecedented smartphone, having unmatchable capabilities, as of yet.
Samsung has included a top-notch fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy S6. The fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy S6 is one of the best in the market, currently.
The fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy S6 even outclasses the one on the iPhone 6 variants, which was greatly admired by the users.
The fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy S6 has the ability to register the fingerprints with a single touch, which makes this feature quite convenient for everyone. The fingerprint scanner has been integrated within the Home key of the Galaxy S6.
Despite the fact that the fingerprint scanner is extremely easy to use, some people might find it hard to set up the fingerprint scanner on their Galaxy S6.
Here, we will tell you how to set up the fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy S6 in a few simple steps. In order to set up the fingerprint scanner on your device, follow the steps below.
1. Pull down the Notifications panel, and tap the settings icon in the top right of the screen.
2. In the settings menu, look for Lockscreen and Security settings, and tap it.
3. In the Lockscreen and Security settings menu, tap Fingerprints.
4. After that, you will be redirected to a menu containing list of fingerprints saved for your device. However, don’t panic if it is empty, you can always add your own fingerprints using Add fingerprints.
5. After tapping the Add Fingerprints option, you will be redirected to the Fingerprint Scanner app for registering your fingerprint.
6. After the process starts, place the finger you want to register, on the fingerprint scanner, repeatedly.
7. After completing the fingerprint registration process, Samsung also requires you to set up a backup password as an alternative to fingerprint scanning process. This is done in order to ensure that you can easily access your phone if, for some reason, scanner is unable to register your fingerprint.
8. After confirming the backup password, a dialog box will appear asking you if you want to use your fingerprint for unlocking your device. Tap OK or Cancel, depending upon your choice.
Voila! You are all set to use the fingerprint scanner on your Galaxy S6. Moreover, you can also enable Web Sign-in, for entering your login details on certain websites, using the fingerprint scanner.
It is extremely easy to set up and use the fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy S6, as we discussed in this article.