In this article, you’ll get to know how you can easily transfer contacts from your old Android device to a new one and from iPhone to an Android phone. The given procedures work well even if you have a new SIM. There could be numerous ways for this task such as:
• Back up contacts to Google
• Back up contacts to SIM
• Use a third-party app
• Use a preinstalled software on the new phone to move data from old device
How to transfer contacts to a new Android phone: Back up contacts to Google
If you’ve bought a new Android phone, backing up your contacts on Google is certainly the most feasible way to move them to a new device. Another benefit of this option is that you can even move them to any other device at a later stage without any difficulty. Saving your data online means it’s going to be there forever. Now understand the procedure.
1. Open the Contacts or People app on your phone
2. Go to Settings
3. Choose Import/Export, which is most likely to be under Manage contacts
4. Choose Export, then choose to export your contacts to the device storage
5. The contacts will get stored in the form of a vCard file. You can forward the same to the new phone using Bluetooth or email. On the new phone, follow the same process but choose the Import option instead of Export
6. You need to transfer that vCard file to a PC or laptop, whichever you find feasible. You could also email it or transfer it over Bluetooth, upload it to (and then download it from) Google Drive, or justconnect the phone to the PC using a USB cable and drag-and-drop the file
7. Go to google.com/contacts and select Import Contacts
8. Now choose the vCard file stored on your PC to import
9. The given contacts will now store in your Google account and you can access them on any device by logging to your Google account on the device.
However, if you are moving from iPhone to Android, you may need to sync your contacts to iCloud in the Settings and export a vCard from there, or use a third-party app to initiate the transfer.
How to move contacts to a new Android phone: Back up contacts to SIM
1. Given above, open the Contacts or People app on your phone
2. Go to Settings menu
3. Choose Import/Export, which is likely to be under Manage contacts
4. Choose Export, then set it to export your contacts to the SIM card
5. Take out your SIM and insert it into the new phone, given that it has the exact size slot as the one you are removing it from
6. You may be asked to choose whether or not you want to use SIM contacts; if so choose yes.