You’ve seen it all over your Facebook news feed: Cartoon versions of your best friends enjoying fancy meals, setting offices on fire, and throwing buckets of cats at each other. These sometimes adorable, sometimes menacing comic strips come from Bitstrips, a simple app that allows you to put virtual avatars of you and your friends in hilarious situations. You can now download Bitstrips for free on iOS (and Android), so here’s how to use the mobile app and become a part of this social cartoon craze.
1. Download BitStrips from the App Store. The app is also available on Google Play.
2. Open the app.
3. Select “Sign in with Facebook.” As of now, you’ll need a Facebook account to use the app.
4. Choose a gender for your avatar.
5. Customize your avatar. The app will take you to the Face Shape menu by default, and you can customize other parts of your avatar by tapping the menu icon on the left of the screen.
6. Tap the pencil icon at the bottom of the home screen to create a comic.