Staying healthy is a huge challenge that cannot be achieved without sweating. Eating fresh broccoli and perfectly grilled steaks is all part of the plan, but it ain't enough. Sorry, son... but you've gotta workout too.
The combination of a balanced diet and exercise is the formula of success. A plan that, in an ideal world, would be an easily applied, lifelong habit. Hey...wait! Don't run away just yet.
Here's the good news: you can adapt it to your needs and capacity. Do it at your own pace and, if you don't feel like going to the gym, do it from home. A few minutes of workout per week is better than nothing. You only is a little willpower, and the right app to guide you through and keep your motivation up.
There are loads of great apps that include workout plans and loggers (check out Freeletics or 8fit), but we really rate Mark Lauren's You Are Your Own Gym: a home-focused, step-by-step guide that can really help set you on the path towards a healthier lifestyle.
2. Tap WORKOUT if you want to get started right away, or tap EXERCISES to check the instructions for the exercises you'll be performing.
3. Select a program from the WORKOUT menu: guided programs (personal training), quick workouts (no equipment required), or Premium Videos by Mark Lauren. You'll be able to check the stats from completed workouts, and create your own custom workouts.
4. See details of every program you feel like carrying out and tap Start workout.
5. Follow the voice and on-screen instructions while going at it in the comfort of your home. Stop and resume the exercise whenever you want, but try to finish it in the required amount of time. Every completed exercise counts towards your workout stats!
6. If you have any doubts about how exercises work, check out the list of exercises organized by categories or muscles.
7. Repeat. Repeat. Get fit.
Have you started already? C'mon! I want to see that six-pack. Tell us about your experience with YAYOG or other similar workout apps in the Comments below.