HTC Rezound, a smartphone manufactured by HTC and sold through Verizon. Along with Galaxy Nexus and Droid RAZR, it was expected to be a major competitor for Apple’s iPhone 4S. It was also the first phone to offer Beats Audio technology and came along with Beats by Dr. Dre’s iBeats earphones with black earpieces and red wiring.
The phone packs 4.3″ 720×1280 Super LCD HD Display, 1 gig of RAM, 8 MP camera and 16 gig of storage, while a 1 ghz dual core processor runs the show. The phone has a wonderful display and is tied with the Sony Xperia S for the highest pixel density in any smartphone released. Apparently, as of now, the phone runs Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread with HTC Sense 3.5, but the device could get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update in near future.
It’s not every day that a manufacturer posts Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich info on its website and that’s exactly what HTC has done with the HTC Rezound. HTC has posted some hints about HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich update on its website which could be a sign that the device’s Ice Cream Sandwich update is near. Previously, HTC had announced that they will be rolling out the official update by end of July, and now that some details have popped up on its website, we can take it as a reassurance that we will be seeing this update soon.
Previously, on June 20th, HTC accidentally posted on their website that Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for HTC Rezound was available and ready to be downloaded, however the page was taken down few minutes later. The page not only listed the update, but it also hosted the entire change log for the update. Below is the change log, and these are the changes that will be coming with this update.
Applications & Widgets
• V CAST Media Manager has been updated to Backup Assistant Plus with an enhanced user experience.
• Caller Name ID application has been updated and added to All Apps.
• Time zone issues have been resolved within the Clock widget.
• Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
• Cisco AnyConnect support has been added to improve VPN functionality.
• Improved data connectivity for a better user experience.
• Improve device stability minimizes the number of resets.
• Improvements to Mobile Hotspot connectivity.
Email, Messaging & Web
• Improvements to default mail application now displays all Yahoo! mail contents properly
The update is definitely ready. This software update (Software Number: 3.14.605.10 710RD; Baseband Version:1.22.10.0421r, 1.22.10.0424r) hopefully be available for download officially very soon. Once updated, the phone should be running Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System (OS) and provide several enhancements, fixes and features. It is worth noting that this build (3.14.605.10) is the same build that was leaked directly, so if you cannot wait, you can download the leaked ROM and follow the discussions related to it at xda-developers over here, however, the update is just round the corner. Since Verizon had said the update will be rolling out by the end of July, it appears like the company will keep up to its words. Hopefully the wait for ICS will be over soon.
You can keep checking for over the air updates by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Go to Setting by tapping on the Apps icon from the Home screen.
2. Scroll down to find System updates
3. Tap on the HTC software update option
4. Tap Check now
5. Your phone will check for available updates
6. If a newer version of software is found, you will be prompted to download and install it. It is normal for phone to switch off and on during the update process.
7. If there are no newer updates available, the device will prompt that the phone is Up To Date.
8. Pressing the Home button takes you back to Home Screen.