Serious question: can you ever really have enough great photo editing apps on your iPhone? Whether you answered yes or no, photo editors are some of the most popular apps out there, and for good reason. Apple’s iPhones capture beautiful images out of the box, but awesome third-party apps can turn a nice photo into a stunning masterpiece.
And right now, two fantastic iPhone photo editors can be downloaded for free for a limited time.
DarkLight by Daniel Sathyanesan is the more comprehensive of the two apps, providing users with a wide range of enhancements, adjustments and effects to play with.
From the app’s description:
DarkLight puts the power of advanced computer based image editing into your hands!
• Auto Enhance: One-Tap Enhance can automatically transform boring photos into masterpieces.
• Scenes: Exclusive-Sophisticated photo-enhancement technology offers 13 different scenes options that automatically optimize the photo depending on the conditions when it was taken.
• Base Adjust: Modify brightness, contrast, saturation, and sharpness with our easy tools.
• Advance Adjust: Use the advanced features to adjust vignette, shadows and highlights, temperature and tint, colors, and even curves.
• Effect: Stretch your creativity with a huge palette of effects. Multiple effects can be combined in a single photo for thousands of combinations!
• Rotate: Rotate and Flip.
• Crop: Crop resizes photos with standard options, including 4:3, 6:4, 7:5, 10:8, 16:9, 3:4, 4:6, 5:7, 8:10, 16:9 or Custom.
• Frame: Create fun images by framing your photos in different scenes.
• Sticker: Stickers can be rotated or resized to perfectly fit each photo.
• Text: Awesome fonts and customizable text, with text color, size, shadow, alignment, and transparency all adjustable.
• Tilt Shift: Tilt-Shift gives images the depth-of-field and other visual effects normally seen only on professional grade DSLR cameras, using a mix of clear focus and selective blurring to create magnificent photos.
DarkLight is normally a $0.99 purchase, but right now it’s free for a short time.
Thomas Tsopanakis’s Gloomlogue app isn’t nearly as full-featured as DarkLight, but there’s a good reason for that: This is a specialized app intended to let users quickly enhance their photos, add one of several filters that transform images into awesome illustrations, and then share them with popular services like Instagram.
A few key items from Gloomlogue’s description:
Gloomlogue lets you transform your photos into illustrated gloom paints. Take your creativity to the next level.
• SHARE TO INSTAGRAM AND OTHER SOCIAL NETWORKS
- directly send your photo to Instagram
- share by mail, on Facebook, Twitter or any other photo sharing app installed on device
- save to photo library
• HIGH RESOLUTION
Photos are exported in 3 resolutions: 2048×2048, 1280×1280 and 640×640 pixels.
• EDIT PHOTOS
Gloomlogue features the most powerful photo editing tools and gorgeous film-inspired looks:
• 15 beautiful filters
• add filters on top of others
• unlimited undo / redo functions
• adjust the border of your photo
• color picker to select any color you like
• select border thick