Apple’s big Apple Watch event was clearly the highlight of the day on Monday for Apple fans, but we also gave you another reason to get excited: a bunch of paid iPhone and iPad apps that were on sale for free for a limited time. Today, we’re back with a fresh new list that definitely includes some great apps — but they’re only free if you hurry, because these sales could end at any time.
Featured in Engadget, TechCrunch, The Next Web, Gizmodo, Wired, AppAdvice, Cult of Mac, TUAW and part of Apple’s ‘Amazing Photo + Video Apps’ bundle!
“We just wish Apple and Google had bundled this as standard.” – Engadget
“Brilliant, Overdue App Forces Your Phone to Take Horizontal Videos” – Gizmodo
“You owe it to yourself to check out the new Horizon app for iOS.” – AppAdvice
“Horizon App Solves the Dumbest Thing About Smartphone Video” – WIRED
“Horizon will eliminate portrait recording forever” – TUAW
“Horizon for iOS means no more vertical videos” – The Next Web
Horizon lets you record horizontal videos and photos no matter how you hold your device. Hold it upright, sideways or even keep rotating it while capturing, your captured moment will always stay horizontal! You can add filters, shoot with the back or front camera and share your creations!
Ever felt you had to rotate your device while recording a video? Do you often end up with vertical videos or videos in wrong orientation? Enter Horizon!
Horizon works like magic! It auto-levels your photos and videos while recording, using your device’s gyroscope. The resulting orientation is corrected so that it always stays parallel to the ground.
With Horizon you can help bring an end to the Vertical Videos Syndrome. Yes, you can now record horizontal videos, while holding your device in portrait mode!
▶ Capture horizontal videos & photos
▶ Multiple resolutions including VGA, HD, Full HD and even 2K!²
▶ 60 and 120 FPS support (slow motion)¹
▶ Three leveling modes: Flex, Rotate and Locked
▶ Tap and hold to slow down your 120 FPS videos!
▶ Lossless zoom with the all new ‘Crisp’ resolutions!³
▶ AirPlay mirroring while recording
▶ Various aspect ratios (Square 1:1, Wide 16:9, Standard 4:3)
▶ Record videos and photos with front or back camera
▶ Eight fun filters to choose from
▶ Video Library with clever item selection
▶ Share your creations to your favorite social network
▶ Open your videos in other apps
▶ Select Video Quality to save space (High, Medium, Low)
▶ AF/AE Lock
The time is now for a complete, easy to use and elegant app that allows you to speak over 40 languages with one simple tap.
Using state of the art technologies such as machine translation and text to speech, Translator Pro is the ultimate tool that lets you speak and understand the world’s major languages and many more.
:: :: KEY FEATURES :: ::
● Translate any text between 40 languages
● Share your text via email or on your social networks
● Offline text-to-speech
● You can dictate your text instead of typing ( through iOS 8 speech recognition)
● Browse through your translation history offline
● Optimized for all devices including iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
Our app supports the following languages::
● Chinese (traditional)
You should never have to choose between checking the weather and your calendar.
Horizon integrates the current weather forecast with your calendar… and it’s blazingly fast.
Follow on twitter @horizon_app and @krosenbluth.
“Horizon is a really impressive app — it takes a few good ideas, and then really polishes them to a nice shine.” – TUAW
“Horizon is my default, Home screen, calendar app. It’s a fantastic app and I really do enjoy using it.” – The Brooks Review
“Plenty of desktop calendars will add the weather into the mix, but Horizon does it with such clean good looks that I like it quite a lot.” – Cult of Mac
“Horizon is the best and most sophisticated calendar app I’ve ever used, and I can’t recommend it more highly.” – iPhone.Appstorm
· Support for all calendars supported by the native calendar app
· Weather for all of your events up to 14 days out
· Smart list view that gives more emphasis to the current day
· Natural Language Event Creation with Intelligent Lookup
· Check the Weather integration for detailed weather
· Option to show date in icon badge
· Elegant night mode
· Easy to access month view that shows how busy you are at a glance
· Lightning fast speed and buttery smooth scrolling
· Toggle empty days
· Metric system
· 24-hour time
· Context based event creation automatically sets the date to the day you are viewing
· Tap and hold a day in the month view for quick event creation
· Swipe gesture support
· Start week on Monday
· Notifications for events added in Horizon
· Localization in Spanish, German, Italian, and French (except for NLP)
· Accessibility support
The How To Tie Knots app will be your personal assistant in the complex craft of knot tying. You don’t have to worry if you can keep all the necessary knots in your mind. We have collected over 40 essential knots in one app to help you learn new knots or to refresh your memory of the ones you already know. Once you have downloaded the app they will be at hand in your mobile device wherever you are – fishing at a lake, climbing a mountain or just staying home with your everyday household chores. Animated step-by-step instructions won’t let you get confused, and a straight-forward classification system will help you find the required knot quickly and effortlessly. Save your nerves and good mood, you will need them for something else!
Rocket Downloads is a fully featured download manager that allows you to download files to your iOS device. You can freely download music, videos, documents and just about anything else you can imagine. You can then view/play the downloaded files right on your device offline or transfer them to your computer.
– Download videos from all major streaming video sites
– Download from major file sharing sites
– Full featured web browser
– Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry’s
– Open saved tabs on startup
– Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
– Search engine integration in the Address bar
– Share URL’s via Twitter, Mail
– Search in the website
– Passcode protected
– HTTP Server to transfer files in and out of the app
– Download Manager
– FIle Manager to organize your files in folders etc.
– Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
– (NEW!)Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
– (NEW!) Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
– (NEW!) File Manager – create folders/organize/move files/etc.
..and lots lots more.
Tired of oversleeping? If you really want to stop hitting the snooze button, then Kiwake is the best solution for you! This smart alarm is specifically designed to transform you into an early-bird, and it’s actually easier than you think. You just didn’t have the right tools before.
Let’s face-it: regular alarms don’t work very well. You just hit the snooze button as many times as you could, then rush for the rest of your morning trying not to be late. What you really need is a coach that will help you build a strong morning routine, and that’s exactly what Kiwake is designed for.
Kiwake will drive you out of bed, whether you want-it or not! Like any good coach, it will give you a hard time if you don’t follow the rules, but also respect you when you actually do. The more you stick to your routine, the less annoying it becomes.
*** 48 hours sale! Get Kiwake now for free! ***
HOW IT WORKS
Kiwake’s mission is to walk you through a brief but complete wake-up process to make sure that you are fully awake.
This process can be divided into three main categories you need to wake up every morning:
1. Your Body, by standing up and leaving your bed.
2. Your Brain, by stimulating it and keeping it away from excuses you could find to go back to sleep.
3. Your Motivation, by reading your goals to start your day inspired.
Kiwake will request a proof that you went through each of those categories:
■ Body wake-up: take a picture of an object far from your bed to prove you left it. This is an object that you already saved when you have set the alarm. You could take advantage of this by getting close to the shower or immediately starting your coffee maker.
■ Brain wake-up: complete a quick mini-game that requires your full attention. By focusing on the game, your brain will not be able to manipulate you with those famous excuses to go back to bed. You know, the ones like “Meh… a shower will only take me one minute” or “I can prepare and pack my lunch in 30 sec”.
■ Motivation wake-up: read and check all your main goals, because there is no better way to jumpstart your day than giving yourself a motivation boost!
◦ No snooze button : don’t try to find one, there are none and it’s better for you.
◦ Cooldown timer : not snoozing doesn’t mean you have to instantly jump out of bed. Take some time to stretch first (3 min max)
◦ Intuitive, effective and easy to use interface.
◦ Customizable settings :
– add multiple alarms, with the possibility to set specific days of the week.
– choose between a variety of mini-games, their length and difficulty.
– set the right cooldown time for you.
– choose between various ringtones, or even use your own music.
◦ Very precise image recognition : easily knows if you took a picture of the right object.
◦ Sleep sounds: a selection of natural sounds to help you fall asleep.
Search, Listen unlimited free music to your iPhone/iPod/iPad. Millions of free songs, DJ sets, remixes and live concerts.
√ Full iPhone 5, 5c and 5s Support!
√ Search for artist, DJ, song, remix or cover
√ Full featured media player
√ Album covers
√ Lock screen playback controls
√ Fine scrubbing
√ Background music playback